Running back Justin Forsett, who was released by the Seahawks along with receiver Jordan Kent on Tuesday, was claimed off waivers by the Colts.
RENTON — The Seahawks released Jordan Kent and Justin Forsett on Tuesday, and hoped to sign both to the practice squad if they cleared waivers.
That worked with Kent, a sixth-round pick from Oregon who was not claimed, according to The Oregonian. He has not been added to the practice squad yet.
Forsett was claimed by the Colts off waivers, according to his agent.
The Seahawks released Kent and Forsett to make room for Jordan Babineaux and Rocky Bernard on the 53-man roster. Those two were suspended by the league for the first game.
- For UW, an Apple Cup victory that doubled as a breakthrough
- Bill Gates to commit billions for clean energy
- The story of one homeless girl, Brittany, who was failed time and again
- Black Friday protesters decry materialism, racism, violence
- Holiday and Independence Bowls are potential destinations for UW and WSU
Most Read Stories
Kent and Forsett were two of the team’s best players in the exhibition season.
“Both those players are young players with an upside,” coach Mike Holmgren said. “But right now, we’re trying to do some things that help right now.”