What, Jared Allen trash-talk?
“No, no, not too much,” the Minnesota Vikings’ serial sack artist told ESPN. “Not unless the offensive lineman says something to me.
“Then I just tell ’em to pick their quarterback up.”
- Seattle company copes with backlash on $70,000 minimum wage
- More pet-food recalls linked to potential salmonella contamination
- Seahawks sign four-year extension with linebacker Bobby Wagner worth a reported $43 million
- Impressions from Day Three of Seahawks' training camp --- Christine Michael, the center position, Tyler Lockett, and more
- After signing $43 million contract, Bobby Wagner admits he didn’t expect Seattle to draft him
Most Read Stories
Two takes on Broncos QB Peyton Manning getting a new strain of medicinal marijuana in Colorado named after him:
• Steve Schrader of the Detroit Free Press: “Gives a whole new meaning to the term Manning Bowl.”
• From Fark.com: “Said to be euphoric and energetic, but doesn’t quite get you all the way there.”
How’d Oregon miss him?
Wonder where Terry Bradshaw learned to throw a wounded duck?
The starting QB at Louisiana Tech when Bradshaw arrived as a freshman in 1966? Phil Robertson — of TV’s “Duck Dynasty” fame.
Check the small type
A woman is fighting DMV to get all of her surname — Keihanaikukauakahihuliheekahaunaele — on her Hawaiian driver’s license.
Just be glad it’s not on the back of a softball jersey.
Aaron Hernandez, the imprisoned ex-Patriots tight end, is not allowed to see any NFL games on the jailhouse TV.
Good thing. Watching New England’s 13-10 win over the Jets could’ve gotten him sprung on a cruel-and-unusual appeal.
I-do it later
Heat star LeBron James married his high-school sweetheart in San Diego on Saturday, Us Weekly reported.
Though officiant Jim Gray kept well-wishers waiting for nearly an hour before finally coaxing LeBron to say his “I do.”
Talking the talk
• DJ Gallo of SportsPickle.com, on two things that haven’t changed at all since the Pirates’ last winning season in 1992: “The Middle East: not a great place for vacation … Jim Leyland looks like a 75-year-old man.”
• Jerry Greene of the Orlando (Fla.) Sentinel, on why he had no problem picking the Saints to rout the Buccaneers in Week 2: “Let’s keep this simple: Drew Brees or Josh Freeman?”
Lots of roll-out plays
Ricky Williams, the pot-loving former running back, is back in college as an assistant coach, at University of the Incarnate Word.
Guess who’s hoping they bring back the Poulan Weed-Eater Bowl?
Dwight Perry: 206-464-8250 or firstname.lastname@example.org