Idaho Fish and Game — trying to rid Soldiers Meadow Reservoir of an infestation of illegally introduced perch, crappie and bullhead — says anglers can catch as many fish there as they want through Oct. 31 — with one addendum, according to AP:
“Short of blowing them up, poisoning them or frying them with a jolt of electricity.”
- Expect traffic delays when Obama visits Seattle Friday afternoon
- Huskies upset USC 17-12 and beat Steve Sarkisian, their former coach
- Win over USC puts UW’s coaching upgrade (Chris Petersen over Steve Sarkisian) on full display
- Lloyd McClendon will not return as Mariners' manager
- Even in death, 'Up' house owner Edith Macefield remains a mystery
Most Read Stories
Dolphins RB Ricky Williams smoked marijuana the night before his boffo performance against the Bills on Dec. 1, 2002, ex-teammate Channing Crowder told Miami’s WQAM Radio.
Coincidence? Williams’ 228 yards that day was his career high.
Some 1-2 punch
The top two headlines at CBSsports.com on Wednesday:
• “Mayweather to make record $41.5M for next fight.”
• “Eagles’ Cooper, Williams get into fight at practice.”
Indians closer Chris Perez was fined $250 and sentenced to a year’s probation for mailing himself a package of marijuana addressed to his dog.
The pooch, apparently, wasn’t much of a retriever.
Money to burn
About $30 million went for naught this year when:
a) the Treasury Department discovered a printing error on a bunch of $100 bills.
b) the Yankees issued A-Rod’s paychecks.
Norman Baits Dept.
A billboard shilling for UNLV season tickets shows football coach Bobby Hauck alongside basketball coach Lon Kruger with the slogan “Come To Our House.”
Just one problem: It’s 1,130 miles to Kruger’s house. He left to become coach at Oklahoma in 2011.
• Jimmy Fallon, on a study purporting teenagers’ lack of good financial sense: “Although, in fairness, I’m 38 and I just found out this year that a 401(k) is not a type of marathon.”
• Drew Magary of Deadspin.com, on the Dolphins’ new uniforms: “They look like a team from a video game that forgot to secure licensing rights from NFL Properties.”
• CBS’s David Letterman, on Diana Nyad’s 110-mile quest: “She swam all the way from Cuba to Miami — accompanied by five Cuban pitchers.”
• Comedy writer Tim Hunter, with a sure sign you’re into college football a bit too much: “You tailgate before everything — even church.”
Playing video games may offset or even reverse the effects of aging on the elderly’s brains, UC San Francisco researchers say.
Coming soon to a senior center near you: EA Sports’ “Halas NFL 1925.”
Dwight Perry: 206-464-8250 or email@example.com