Idaho Fish and Game — trying to rid Soldiers Meadow Reservoir of an infestation of illegally introduced perch, crappie and bullhead — says anglers can catch as many fish there as they want through Oct. 31 — with one addendum, according to AP:
“Short of blowing them up, poisoning them or frying them with a jolt of electricity.”
- Amazon rolls out free same-day delivery for Prime members
- They were millionaires for 3 months, but Seattle couple didn't know it
- Marymoor Park concerts: Full lineup announced
- Capitol Hill light-rail station nearly ready for trains to rumble
- Nelson Cruz's home run in ninth inning lifts Mariners to sweep of Rays
Most Read Stories
Dolphins RB Ricky Williams smoked marijuana the night before his boffo performance against the Bills on Dec. 1, 2002, ex-teammate Channing Crowder told Miami’s WQAM Radio.
Coincidence? Williams’ 228 yards that day was his career high.
Some 1-2 punch
The top two headlines at CBSsports.com on Wednesday:
• “Mayweather to make record $41.5M for next fight.”
• “Eagles’ Cooper, Williams get into fight at practice.”
Indians closer Chris Perez was fined $250 and sentenced to a year’s probation for mailing himself a package of marijuana addressed to his dog.
The pooch, apparently, wasn’t much of a retriever.
Money to burn
About $30 million went for naught this year when:
a) the Treasury Department discovered a printing error on a bunch of $100 bills.
b) the Yankees issued A-Rod’s paychecks.
Norman Baits Dept.
A billboard shilling for UNLV season tickets shows football coach Bobby Hauck alongside basketball coach Lon Kruger with the slogan “Come To Our House.”
Just one problem: It’s 1,130 miles to Kruger’s house. He left to become coach at Oklahoma in 2011.
• Jimmy Fallon, on a study purporting teenagers’ lack of good financial sense: “Although, in fairness, I’m 38 and I just found out this year that a 401(k) is not a type of marathon.”
• Drew Magary of Deadspin.com, on the Dolphins’ new uniforms: “They look like a team from a video game that forgot to secure licensing rights from NFL Properties.”
• CBS’s David Letterman, on Diana Nyad’s 110-mile quest: “She swam all the way from Cuba to Miami — accompanied by five Cuban pitchers.”
• Comedy writer Tim Hunter, with a sure sign you’re into college football a bit too much: “You tailgate before everything — even church.”
Playing video games may offset or even reverse the effects of aging on the elderly’s brains, UC San Francisco researchers say.
Coming soon to a senior center near you: EA Sports’ “Halas NFL 1925.”
Dwight Perry: 206-464-8250 or email@example.com