Vandals advance to WBI semifinals with 74-67 victory over Eagles.
Sophomore Mikayla Ferenz scored a game-high 33 points to lead Idaho to a 74-67 win at Eastern Washington in a WBI quarterfinal game Monday night.
The Vandals (19-14) will play at Rice on Thursday.
Taylor Pierce scored 16 points.
Delaney Hodgins had 18 points and Ashli Payne had 17 points and 11 rebounds for Eastern Washington (19-14), which was hosting its first NCAA postseason game.
Most Read Stories
- Swastika-wearing man punched on Seattle street, removes swastika, police say
- Win over 49ers can't mask the fact that these Seahawks are in big trouble | Matt Calkins
- 'Polite Robber' suspect told similar sob story when arrested 8 years ago
- Pete Carroll on Seahawks offense: 'There will be some things that will be a little bit different this week' WATCH
- A daring betrayal helped wipe out Cali cocaine cartel
• The Washington State women’s golf team split its two matches on the first day of match play at San Diego State’s March Mayhem at The Farms Golf Club. The Cougars, seeded No. 10 in the field of 16 teams, fell to No. 7 Pepperdine, 4-1 in their first match. WSU bounced back to defeat No. 15 seed San Francisco 4-0-1.