Tackle this, Joey Chestnut!
The Green Bay Packers are rolling out The Horse Collar, a 22-inch U-shaped kielbasa covered in beer cheese and fried sauerkraut, at concessions stands this season.
“It’s made for two,” Heath Barbato, Lambeau Field’s executive chef, told ESPN.com. “If you can tackle this one alone, you’re a champ.”
- Win over USC puts UW’s coaching upgrade (Chris Petersen over Steve Sarkisian) on full display
- Lloyd McClendon will not return as Mariners' manager
- Expect traffic delays when Obama visits Seattle Friday afternoon
- Huskies upset USC 17-12 and beat Steve Sarkisian, their former coach
- Obama visits Seattle for fundraisers; traffic not as bad as expected
Most Read Stories
And it’s just $20 — tax, Tums and five-way quintuple-bypass surgery not included.
• At TheOnion.com: “Pure-hearted Little League World Series players playing simply for love of ESPN’s bottom line.”
• At SportsPickle.com: “Trent Richardson unable to escape, overrun by swarm of ants at Colts practice.”
Will dunk for food
Aging star Kobe Bryant told Sports Illustrated that, just because he gave the Lakers a discount on a two-year, $48.5 million deal, he’s underpaid.
Perhaps he is — if your definition of underpaid is getting $366,913 per point scored, which is what Bryant got last season.
Kids these days
“Does it seem like the kids are getting older in Little League ball?” asked CBS’s David Letterman. “When I watch the Little League World Series, my favorite part is when they show the players’ wives.”
Q: What do Steeler running backs and the 49ers’ new stadium have in common?
A: They both got new grass after last weekend’s game.
Hear about the fan who ran onto a soccer field in London and took a free kick?
“He missed the shot, was manhandled by police, arrested and charged under the 1991 Football Offences Act,” noted Len Berman of ThatsSports.com. “So if you’re scoring at home: lose, lose, lose, lose, loser.”
Deja Brew Dept.
“The 49ers have a museum in Levi’s Stadium stocked with precious relics of the team’s past,” noted Scott Ostler of the San Francisco Chronicle. “I haven’t seen the museum yet, but I hope they have a special display for the $5 beer.”
• Lakers star Bryant, 36, to Sports Illustrated, not looking for any sappy farewell tours when his time is up: “If you booed me for 18, 19 years, boo me for the 20th. That’s the game, man.”
• RJ Currie of SportsDeke.com, after tennis player Maria Kirilenko called off her wedding to NHL star Alex Ovechkin: “Probably just as well: Ovie disappears when he gets close to a ring.”
• Torben Rolfsen, on increased number of penalties in NFL exhibition games: “I haven’t seen that many flags on a field since the Olympic opening ceremony.”
• NBC’s Jimmy Fallon, on Hulk Hogan and David Hasselhoff set to co-star in an upcoming movie: “The film’s expected to be released in June — of 1985.”
Upset of the year
An SUV overturned on a West Virginia interstate early Friday, littering the highway with chickens, an AK-47 assault rifle, marijuana, fireworks and an NFL player.
OK — just kidding on that last one.
Dwight Perry: 206-464-8250 or firstname.lastname@example.org