Meet Charles Eugster, 93-year-old babe magnet. "I'm extremely vain," the retired British dentist, who took up weightlifting in his late...
Meet Charles Eugster, 93-year-old babe magnet.
“I’m extremely vain,” the retired British dentist, who took up weightlifting in his late 80s, told BBC News. “I noticed I was getting fat. The idea is to turn the heads of the sexy young 70-year-old girls on the beach.”
Eugster did 48 abdominal crunches — in 45 seconds — as well as 57 dips and 61 chin-ups at a recent competition.
- 2 killed, half-million lose power in Seattle-area windstorm
- Mariners fire general manager Jack Zduriencik
- Now comes the hard part for the Mariners: Hiring Jack Zduriencik’s replacement
- Wet weekend ahead, with high winds and heavy rain expected
- Jack Zduriencik’s M’s legacy: More than 3 dozen departed managers, coaches, scouts, staffers
Most Read Stories
• At SportsPickle.com: “Cam Newton wows teammates with tales of long-forgotten rookie year: ‘I was the RG3 of my time.’ “
• At TheOnion.com: “Gamecocks fan surprised to hear that team represents a college.”
Cheese & Z’s
Can’t find a holiday gift for that hard-to-please Packers fan on your list? Introducing the Cheesehead Bed, a memory-foam mattress encased in a gold-colored cover resembling a block of cheese, courtesy of Milwaukee’s Verlo Mattress Factory.
Just think of it as taking a Lambeau Leap into the sack.
Delay of game
Sunday is the day we set our clocks back and mark the end of Daylight Savings Time.
Or as they refer to it in Kansas City, one precious extra hour before we’re forced to watch the Chiefs play again.
Need more RAM?
“Coming soon: An Apple device for athletes to get instant access to steroids,” wrote Mike Bianchi of the Orlando (Fla.) Sentinel. “It’s called an iPED.”
• CFL Hall of Fame QB Danny McManus, to the National Post, on the receptions he’d get from Hamilton Tiger-Cats fans: “I thought I knew my mom pretty well. But as a visitor, they said a lot of things about my mom I didn’t know.”
• RJ Currie of SportsDeke.com, after Lance Armstrong was stripped of his seven Tour de France titles: “Turns out the champion cyclist was a drugged pedaler.”
• Jim Barach of WCHS-TV in Charleston, W.Va., on coaches in Florida getting busted for betting on kid-football games: “Players shouldn’t be asked to shave points until they can actually shave.”
Inheriting a whistle
Shawn Hochuli, son of muscular NFL referee Ed, presided over Friday night’s Washington-California football game.
Young Guns? No kidding.
Dwight Perry: 206-464-8250 or email@example.com