EVERETT — Oliver Bjorkstrand scored the only goal in the shootout as the Portland Winterhawks beat the Everett Silvertips 2-1 Sunday night at Comcast Arena.
The Silvertips (30-23-7-2) earned five of a possible six points during the weekend to pull within one point of Vancouver for sixth place in the Western Conference of the Western Hockey League.
Ivan Nikolishin scored for Everett with his 45th point of the year. Goaltender Austin Lotz (22-18-3-2) finished with a season-high 37 saves.
From Internet and team reports.
- Update: Seahawks' Jimmy Graham suffers right knee injury vs. Steelers, will miss rest of season
- Suspected burglar dies after getting stuck in chimney
- On his birthday, Russell Wilson gives Seattle Seahawks perhaps his greatest game to beat Pittsburgh Steelers
- The Seattle Seahawks’ swagger, playoffs hopes are back after they slam door on the Pittsburgh Steelers
- Grading the game: Seattle Seahawks’ offense earns perfect mark against Pittsburgh Steelers