EVERETT — Oliver Bjorkstrand scored the only goal in the shootout as the Portland Winterhawks beat the Everett Silvertips 2-1 Sunday night at Comcast Arena.
The Silvertips (30-23-7-2) earned five of a possible six points during the weekend to pull within one point of Vancouver for sixth place in the Western Conference of the Western Hockey League.
Ivan Nikolishin scored for Everett with his 45th point of the year. Goaltender Austin Lotz (22-18-3-2) finished with a season-high 37 saves.
From Internet and team reports.
- The latest on Seahawks safety Kam Chancellor's holdout
- Seattle restaurant manager killed hiking in Alaska
- Haggen sues Albertsons for $1 billion over big grocery deal
- Report gives Seattle drivers worst marks yet; Bellevue isn't far behind
- Seahawks trade Kevin Norwood, make other moves to get roster to 75