EVERETT — Oliver Bjorkstrand scored the only goal in the shootout as the Portland Winterhawks beat the Everett Silvertips 2-1 Sunday night at Comcast Arena.
The Silvertips (30-23-7-2) earned five of a possible six points during the weekend to pull within one point of Vancouver for sixth place in the Western Conference of the Western Hockey League.
Ivan Nikolishin scored for Everett with his 45th point of the year. Goaltender Austin Lotz (22-18-3-2) finished with a season-high 37 saves.
From Internet and team reports.
- Designed in Seattle, this $1 cup could save millions of babies
- Trump, Clinton win Washington state primary
- Reed brother led detectives to bodies believed to be Arlington couple
- Boeing plans hundreds of layoffs in local IT unit
- Your vote counts so little in Tuesday’s primary election, John Oliver joked about it on ‘Last Week Tonight’