EVERETT — Oliver Bjorkstrand scored the only goal in the shootout as the Portland Winterhawks beat the Everett Silvertips 2-1 Sunday night at Comcast Arena.
The Silvertips (30-23-7-2) earned five of a possible six points during the weekend to pull within one point of Vancouver for sixth place in the Western Conference of the Western Hockey League.
Ivan Nikolishin scored for Everett with his 45th point of the year. Goaltender Austin Lotz (22-18-3-2) finished with a season-high 37 saves.
From Internet and team reports.
- Seahawks' Marshawn Lynch announces retirement in his own, unique fashion
- Black Sabbath calls it a night at the Tacoma Dome — for good
- Marshawn Lynch leaves behind a legacy like no other with Seahawks
- Seattle’s brash king of pot raking in cash and raising hackles at Uncle Ike’s
- Marshawn Lynch’s retirement announcement wasn’t classy, but it was perfect