EVERETT — Oliver Bjorkstrand scored the only goal in the shootout as the Portland Winterhawks beat the Everett Silvertips 2-1 Sunday night at Comcast Arena.
The Silvertips (30-23-7-2) earned five of a possible six points during the weekend to pull within one point of Vancouver for sixth place in the Western Conference of the Western Hockey League.
Ivan Nikolishin scored for Everett with his 45th point of the year. Goaltender Austin Lotz (22-18-3-2) finished with a season-high 37 saves.
From Internet and team reports.
- After embarrassment, Seattle finds public toilet that's just right
- NFL.com says Seahawks have most talented roster in league, and speculate on starting lineup
- Seattle's best restaurants? Classics revisited
- Couple missing 2 weeks in California drank rain, ate oranges
- Five Seahawks players to watch during OTAs