Luke Lockhart scores the only goal for Seattle (21-34-7-1), on a power play.
KENT — Edmonton jumped to a 3-0 lead and the visiting Oil Kings rolled to a 6-2 Western Hockey League win over the Seattle Thunderbirds at ShoWare Center on Tuesday night.
Luke Lockhart and Alexander Delnov scored goals for Seattle (21-34-7-1).
• The T-birds reported that their 15th annual Hockey Challenge on Saturday raised more than $170,000 for Ronald McDonald House Charities.
Track & field
- 14 million spilled bees on I-5: 'Everybody's been stung'
- Man's journey to find birth mom ends — at work
- Costco said to get sweet deal from credit-card companies
- Mariners lose fourth straight game
- On tour of UW station, Inslee backs $15 billion tax plan for more light rail
Most Read Stories
• McKayla Fricker, an 800-meter All-American, and five other SPU track athletes will take part in the NCAA Div. II indoor championships in Birmingham, Ala., March 7-9: Katy Gross, pentathlon; Lynelle Decker, 800; and the 4×400 relay team of Fricker, Emily Quatier, Kishia Mitchell and Jasmine Johnson.
• High-jumper Laura Tesch is the first Saint Martin’s woman to qualify for the D-II indoor meet. Her career best is 5-6 ½. Western Washington will be represented by pole vaulters Karis Anderson and Cheyenna Pinley and long-jumper Emily Warman.
• BYU erased a 2-1 deficit with a four-run seventh to beat Seattle U, dropping the Redhawks to 1-7.
• Oregon State left-hander Matt Boyd of Mercer Island is Pac-12 baseball pitcher of the week after throwing 8-1/3 innings and striking out nine in a 2-0 win over San Diego State, lowering his ERA to 1.17.
• Linfield’s Tim Wilson, a junior from Redmond, was named Northwest Conference baseball’s position player of the week after hitting 7 for 16 (.438) in four games last week.
• Washington State golfer Michael Anderson and Missouri’s Jace Long tied for medalist honors with seven-under-par 209s at the WSU Snowman Getaway at Palm Valley Country Club in Goodyear, Ariz. The 26th-ranked Tigers won the team title with an 11-under 853, seven strokes ahead of WSU. Gonzaga was sixth at 871; Seattle U came in at 919.
• Washington’s Bryana Walker is Pac-12 softball’s pitcher of the week after going 3-0 with 21 scoreless innings at the Mary Nutter Classic.
• Seattle Pacific men’s basketball seniors Scott Morse, Andy Poling and Jobi Wall play their final regular-season home games this week when the fourth-ranked Falcons (21-3, 14-2 GNAC) host Alaska Anchorage (17-7, 10-6) on Thursday and Alaska Fairbanks (15-9, 10-6) on Saturday.
From sports-information reports.