The host Vancouver Canucks beat Minnesota 2-1, extending their winning streak to six games.
VANCOUVER, B.C. — Roberto Luongo made 25 saves and the Vancouver Canucks beat the Minnesota Wild 2-1 Tuesday night for their sixth straight victory.
Luongo’s home shutout streak against the Wild ended at 228 minutes, 26 seconds but he held on to win. He has a 4-0-2 record this season.
Kevin Bieksa and Jannik Hansen scored for Vancouver (8-2-2).
“We are playing good hockey right now,” Bieksa told The Vancouver Sun. “We have the right mentality. We are staying in games and not having those lulls that we had earlier in the season.”
- Seattle City Council kills sale of street for Sodo arena; Sonics fans despair
- This drone footage of inside Bertha’s tunnel is like something out of ‘Star Wars’
- Ted Cruz ends his bid for Republican presidential nomination
- Man killed by car pulling out of Seattle parking garage
- Bertha under the viaduct: Drilling that shut highway is nearly 30 percent done
Most Read Stories
Devin Setoguchi connected in the second period for the Wild (6-6-1), which hasn’t won in Vancouver since Jan. 31, 2009 (0-9-2).
“We had to play pretty good in the last few minutes there,” Luongo told the Sun. “They had a push and we were able to clear some pucks from the front of the net and clear some bodies and not give any second or third opportunities.”
Darcy Kuemper stopped 28 shots in his NHL debut; he was called up because Josh Harding was dealing with the effects of medication he takes for multiple sclerosis.
• Viktor Fasth made two stops in the shootout to remain perfect in six starts and the Anaheim Ducks beat the Chicago Blackhawks 3-2 in a matchup of the top two teams in the Western Conference.
Fasth is the first goaltender to win his first six NHL starts since Dan Ellis with Dallas and Nashville from Feb. 18, 2004, to Nov. 29, 2007.
Nick Bonino and Corey Perry scored in the shootout for the Ducks. Jonathan Toews was the lone Chicago player to score in the shootout.
The league-leading Blackhawks remain the only team without a regulation loss (10-0-3).