VANCOUVER, B.C. – Henrik Sedin had a goal and an assist, Roberto Luongo made 39 saves and the Vancouver Canucks routed the Boston Bruins 6-2 on Saturday for their seventh straight victory.
Jannik Hansen, David Booth, Chris Higgins, Yannik Weber and Christopher Tanev also scored for Vancouver, which finished its five-game homestand with a perfect record and is 8-1-1 in its past 10. Daniel Sedin, Mike Santorelli and Brad Richardson each added two assists.
The game marked the Bruins’ first visit to Rogers Arena since their victory over the Canucks in Game 7 of the 2011 Stanley Cup Final.
Reilly Smith had both goals for Boston, which had its four-game winning streak snapped.
- Who do post-Combine mock drafts have the Seahawks selecting?
- Belltown ticket trap turns drivers into 'sitting ducks'
- Microsoft pair claim 'hostess bar' expense queries led to firing
- Slugger Nelson Cruz makes strong first impression with Mariners
- Seattle's new seawall also a highway for fish
Most Read Stories
Tuukka Rask allowed four goals on 23 shots for the Bruins, who have been hit hard by injuries and had a flu bug go through their locker room last week. Boston learned Shawn Thornton has been suspended 15 games for his attack on Pittsburgh’s Brooks Orpik on Dec. 7.