VANCOUVER, B.C. – Henrik Sedin had a goal and an assist, Roberto Luongo made 39 saves and the Vancouver Canucks routed the Boston Bruins 6-2 on Saturday for their seventh straight victory.
Jannik Hansen, David Booth, Chris Higgins, Yannik Weber and Christopher Tanev also scored for Vancouver, which finished its five-game homestand with a perfect record and is 8-1-1 in its past 10. Daniel Sedin, Mike Santorelli and Brad Richardson each added two assists.
The game marked the Bruins’ first visit to Rogers Arena since their victory over the Canucks in Game 7 of the 2011 Stanley Cup Final.
Reilly Smith had both goals for Boston, which had its four-game winning streak snapped.
- Ivar's to raise restaurant workers' wages to $15 right away
- Opening day roster looks pretty clear after Sunday cuts
- WSU study: 'Exploding head syndrome' more common than once thought
- 3 places off the beaten track in Hawaii
- A mom's tweet about Oreos in school stirs up culture wars
Most Read Stories
Tuukka Rask allowed four goals on 23 shots for the Bruins, who have been hit hard by injuries and had a flu bug go through their locker room last week. Boston learned Shawn Thornton has been suspended 15 games for his attack on Pittsburgh’s Brooks Orpik on Dec. 7.