VANCOUVER, B.C. – Defenseman Yannick Weber scored the go-ahead goal early in the third period as the Vancouver Canucks breathed a sigh of relief with a 2-1 victory over the Calgary Flames on Saturday night.
Darren Archibald also scored for the struggling Canucks, who entered with a 1-10-1 record in their previous 12 games.
Vancouver won despite being outshot 23-14. Canucks rookie Eddie Lack made 22 saves.
It was the first meeting between the teams since a fierce line brawl broke out two seconds into a game on Jan. 18 that saw 150 penalty minutes assessed. Vancouver coach John Tortorella had a meltdown that night and went after Flames coach Bob Hartley by storming Calgary’s locker room during intermission.
- Every street can't handle every use, mayor says
- Warren Moon on Marshawn Lynch: "He just doesn't trust a lot of people''
- UW tops new list of best western universities
- After ditching Amex, Costco embraces Citi, Visa
- Confidence is key for 24-year-old lawmaker
Most Read Stories
Tortorella, furious at Hartley for using his fourth line to start the game, served a 15-day suspension.