CHICAGO – Ryan Kesler scored the clinching goal in an eight-round shootout, and the Vancouver Canucks rallied to defeat the Chicago Blackhawks 3-2 on Friday night.
Kesler beat Antti Raanta to decide the outcome. Mike Santorelli was successful in the first round as the Canucks improved to 2-4 in shootouts.
Vancouver is 8-1-1 this month, earning 17 of a possible 20 points.
Daniel Sedin of the Canucks scored with 9:12 left in the third period to tie the score at 2.
- Death of Evergreen senior, other player injuries renew football-safety debate
- Our state’s greatest gift to the nation just got canceled
- Clay Matthews tells Colin Kaepernick: ‘You ain’t Russell Wilson, bro’
- Seahawks Game Center: Seattle holds off Detroit Lions for 'Monday Night Football' victory
- Watch: Former Mariners great Ichiro Suzuki pitches — yes, pitches — for the Marlins
Most Read Stories
Zack Kassian got Vancouver’s first goal and Canucks rookie Eddie Lack made 24 saves.
Chicago’s Patrick Kane scored his team-leading 21st goal and set up Kris Versteeg’s score in regulation for the defending Stanley Cup champions.
• Alex Ovechkin, 28, scored his 400th career goal to help the Washington Capitals beat host Carolina 4-2.