CHICAGO – Ryan Kesler scored the clinching goal in an eight-round shootout, and the Vancouver Canucks rallied to defeat the Chicago Blackhawks 3-2 on Friday night.
Kesler beat Antti Raanta to decide the outcome. Mike Santorelli was successful in the first round as the Canucks improved to 2-4 in shootouts.
Vancouver is 8-1-1 this month, earning 17 of a possible 20 points.
Daniel Sedin of the Canucks scored with 9:12 left in the third period to tie the score at 2.
- Students seeking sugar daddies for tuition, rent
- Seattle-based seafood company shuts down
- UW receiver Isaiah Renfro opens up about depression, announces he's leaving team
- What's the top spelling 'mistake' in Washington state? The answer could make you sick
- Dead whale found on bow of cruise ship in Alaska
Most Read Stories
Zack Kassian got Vancouver’s first goal and Canucks rookie Eddie Lack made 24 saves.
Chicago’s Patrick Kane scored his team-leading 21st goal and set up Kris Versteeg’s score in regulation for the defending Stanley Cup champions.
• Alex Ovechkin, 28, scored his 400th career goal to help the Washington Capitals beat host Carolina 4-2.