CHICAGO – Ryan Kesler scored the clinching goal in an eight-round shootout, and the Vancouver Canucks rallied to defeat the Chicago Blackhawks 3-2 on Friday night.
Kesler beat Antti Raanta to decide the outcome. Mike Santorelli was successful in the first round as the Canucks improved to 2-4 in shootouts.
Vancouver is 8-1-1 this month, earning 17 of a possible 20 points.
Daniel Sedin of the Canucks scored with 9:12 left in the third period to tie the score at 2.
- Driver arrested after I-90 crash that killed 2
- Costco delays credit-card switch
- Cleared after stabbing, former UW student wants his life back
- WSDOT chief ousted by Senate Republicans after 3 years on job
- Band's frontman: No Super Bowl halftime show for Metallica
Most Read Stories
Zack Kassian got Vancouver’s first goal and Canucks rookie Eddie Lack made 24 saves.
Chicago’s Patrick Kane scored his team-leading 21st goal and set up Kris Versteeg’s score in regulation for the defending Stanley Cup champions.
• Alex Ovechkin, 28, scored his 400th career goal to help the Washington Capitals beat host Carolina 4-2.