CHICAGO – Ryan Kesler scored the clinching goal in an eight-round shootout, and the Vancouver Canucks rallied to defeat the Chicago Blackhawks 3-2 on Friday night.
Kesler beat Antti Raanta to decide the outcome. Mike Santorelli was successful in the first round as the Canucks improved to 2-4 in shootouts.
Vancouver is 8-1-1 this month, earning 17 of a possible 20 points.
Daniel Sedin of the Canucks scored with 9:12 left in the third period to tie the score at 2.
- Update: Seahawks' Jimmy Graham suffers right knee injury vs. Steelers, will miss rest of season
- Suspected burglar dies after getting stuck in chimney
- Seattle Seahawks’ swagger, hopes for playoffs are back after they slam door on Pittsburgh Steelers
- Seahawks 39, Steelers 30: What the national media are saying about Russell Wilson and Seattle's turnaround
Most Read Stories
Zack Kassian got Vancouver’s first goal and Canucks rookie Eddie Lack made 24 saves.
Chicago’s Patrick Kane scored his team-leading 21st goal and set up Kris Versteeg’s score in regulation for the defending Stanley Cup champions.
• Alex Ovechkin, 28, scored his 400th career goal to help the Washington Capitals beat host Carolina 4-2.