Branden Troock scored two goals, including the go-ahead one on a power play in the third period, as the Seattle Thunderbirds beat the Portland Winterhawks 3-2 Friday night in Western Hockey League action at ShoWare Center in Kent.
Justin Hickman scored early in the third period to tie the score 2-2 for Seattle (20-9-1-3). Danny Mumaugh made 33 saves.
Jared Rathjen made 22 saves as the host Vancouver Giants blanked the Everett Silvertips 3-0. Austin Lotz made 33 saves for Everett (21-8-4-0).
- 4 Mount Rainier High teens charged in alleged gang rape on field trip
- Examining if the Seahawks would be a good fit for Matt Forte
- Woman’s throat cut in South Lake Union assault; man arrested
- Manhole cover crashes into SUV's windshield, killing driver
- Building with iconic Seattle P-I globe sold for $40M
Most Read Stories
Washington defender Taylor Peay was named a first-team All-American by the NSCAA. Peay becomes the first Husky to earn that honor since 2004 (C.J. Klaas).
The Boeing Classic, the Champions Tour event at TPC Snoqualmie Ridge, will be played Aug. 22-24 next summer, it was announced Friday. John Riegger is the defending champion in the event that began in 2005 for players 50 and older.
Jordan Asher had 12 points, nine rebounds and six assists to lead host Northwest U (7-4) to a 69-59 victory over Pacific Lutheran (2-4).
From sports-information reports and other sources.