Beau McCue had a goal and an assist as the Tri-City Americans defeated the Seattle Thunderbirds 3-1 Friday night in a Western Hockey League game in Kennewick.
Eric Comrie made 37 saves for Tri-City, which was outshot 38-22.
Roberts Lipsbergs scored his 28th goal of the season for Seattle. Danny Mumaugh made 19 saves.
In Portland, Nicolas Petan had two goals and an assist as the Winterhawks drubbed the Everett Silvertips 5-1. Jujhar Khaira had the lone goal for Everett.
- ‘Historic’ tuition cut sets state apart from rest of U.S.
- Seattle man charged with vehicular homicide in cyclist’s death
- Nurse dies from injuries in attack near CenturyLink Field
- Seahawks mailbag: Bobby Wagner's contract, Brandon Mebane's future, and more
- As fast-moving wildfire hits Quincy, police say Wenatchee blaze man-made
Most Read Stories
Nemanja Grujicic had 23 points and 10 rebounds as the host Northwest U men (15-6, 6-4 CCC) beat Corban 82-59. The NU women (14-8, 6-4) beat Corban 63-52.
Washington State lost 4-3 to Hawaii Pacific in Maui. No. 1 Elizaveta Luzina and No. 4 Olga Musilovich won in singles.
Aliza Vaccher won beam, floor and all-around, and Jackie McCartin took the uneven parallel bars as Washington edged crosstown rival Seattle Pacific 193.925 to 193.425 at Brougham Pavilion.
Washington State earned a 148-114 victory over Oregon State in its last home dual meet of the season.
Emma Johansson and Nicole Proulx scored 18 points each.
Vincent Thompson (13-1, 2 KOs) of Federal Way will face the WBA’s ninth-ranked heavyweight, Travis “My Time” Kauffman (27-1, 20 KOs), in a 10-round main event Saturday in Bethlehem, Pa.
From sports-information reports.