Luke Lee-Knight made 32 saves as the Tri-City Americans earned a 6-1 Western Hockey League victory over the Everett Silvertips before 3,143...
EVERETT — Luke Lee-Knight made 32 saves as the Tri-City Americans earned a 6-1 Western Hockey League victory over the Everett Silvertips before 3,143 at Comcast Arena on Tuesday night.
Lee-Knight had stopped 23 shots before Manraj Hayer’s goal ended the shutout 5:54 into the third period.
Brian Williams, Michal Plutnar, Parker Bowles and Mitch Topping each had one goal and one assist for the Americans. Justin Gutierrez and Jesse Mychan also scored.
Everett’s Austin Lotz saved 38 of 44 shots.
- Win over USC puts UW’s coaching upgrade (Chris Petersen over Steve Sarkisian) on full display
- Lloyd McClendon will not return as Mariners' manager
- Expect traffic delays when Obama visits Seattle Friday afternoon
- Huskies upset USC 17-12 and beat Steve Sarkisian, their former coach
- Obama visits Seattle for fundraisers; traffic not as bad as expected
Most Read Stories
• Seahawks quarterback Russell Wilson will be a special guest for the Northwest University Eagle Hall of Fame Benefit on Friday, March 22. Wilson will be participating in a moderated conversation at the event, which benefits and supports scholarships for student athletes at the university.
The Eagle Hall of Fame Benefit will be at the Bellevue Hyatt Regency, and tickets are available to the public.
• The Washington women’s tennis team, ranked No. 47, controlled the match from start to finish, sweeping Seattle University, 7-0, at Nordstrom Tennis Center. This was the first ever meeting between the teams.
Compiled from team reports and sports-information departments.