Justin Feser scored a hat trick as the Tri-City Americans sent the Seattle Thunderbirds to their 14th consecutive loss, 5-3, before 3,664...
KENNEWICK — Justin Feser scored a hat trick as the Tri-City Americans sent the Seattle Thunderbirds to their 14th consecutive loss, 5-3, before 3,664 on Sunday night at the Toyota Center.
Feser broke a 2-2 tie at 12:28 of the second period and scored two goals in the third period to give the Americans a 5-2 lead.
Seattle got goals from Brandon Troock, Andrew Johnson and Seth Swenson.
- 1 killed, 5 injured in Snohomish Big Four Ice Caves collapse
- Starbucks prices here to rise 3.5 times as much as nationwide
- Seahawks mailbag: Russell Okung's future, Cliff Avril's role
- Seattle weather is an early peek at the future
- Mount St. Helens, still steaming, holds the world’s newest glacier
Most Read Stories
• Justin Barcia won an AMA Supercross race at Chase Field in Phoenix late Saturday night for his first career victory. Two-time 450SX class champion Ryan Villopoto of Poulsbo was second. Villopoto spun out on the first lap and dropped from fourth to eighth place.
• Seattle University women’s rowing coach Portia McGee has announced that she will be leaving the university, effective Feb. 1. McGee’s husband, Luke, former freshman coach at Washington, has accepted a position in Princeton, N.J., with the U.S. National Team as the senior men’s 8+ coach and as program coordinator of the U.S. men’s team.
Jennifer Park. a current assistant and former Huskies standout, will assume the role of interim head coach for the spring season.
• The Northwest University men’s basketball team has been named the Adidas Team of the Week for the Cascade Collegiate Conference.
Compiled from sports-information departments and other sources.