Beau McCue scored two goals to help the Tri-City Americans skate to a 4-1 victory over the Seattle Thunderbirds in a Western Hockey League...
KENT — Beau McCue scored two goals to help the Tri-City Americans skate to a 4-1 victory over the Seattle Thunderbirds in a Western Hockey League game Tuesday night.
Tied at 1 in the second period, Tri-City’s Ryan Chynoweth scored at 3:28 of the second period. The Americans pulled away by scoring twice in the third period on goals from Malte Stromwall and McCue.
McCue gave the Americans a 1-0 lead just 58 seconds into the game, stunning the crowd of 4,058 at ShoWare Center.
Seattle’s Justin Hickman answered on a power-play goal at 3:12 of the first.
- Seattle’s vanishing black community
- Bellevue School District seeks to fire football coach Goncharoff over scandal
- Designed in Seattle, this $1 cup could save millions of babies
- Infections are the culprit in Alzheimer’s disease, Harvard study suggests
- 1,000 fraternity, sorority members trash Lake Shasta campsite
Most Read Stories
Eric Comrie made 29 saves for the Americans. Seattle’s Brandon Glover stopped 28 of 32 shots.
The T-birds take a break until Dec. 28 when they host Everett.
Seattle was without Roberts Lipsbergs, who joined Team Latvia for the World Junior Championship in Ufa, Russia.