Beau McCue scored two goals to help the Tri-City Americans skate to a 4-1 victory over the Seattle Thunderbirds in a Western Hockey League...
KENT — Beau McCue scored two goals to help the Tri-City Americans skate to a 4-1 victory over the Seattle Thunderbirds in a Western Hockey League game Tuesday night.
Tied at 1 in the second period, Tri-City’s Ryan Chynoweth scored at 3:28 of the second period. The Americans pulled away by scoring twice in the third period on goals from Malte Stromwall and McCue.
McCue gave the Americans a 1-0 lead just 58 seconds into the game, stunning the crowd of 4,058 at ShoWare Center.
Seattle’s Justin Hickman answered on a power-play goal at 3:12 of the first.
- Costco delays credit-card switch
- Band's frontman: No Super Bowl halftime show for Metallica
- WSDOT chief ousted by Senate Republicans after 3 years on job
- Driver arrested after I-90 crash that killed 2
- Seahawks’ Coleman going 60, didn’t brake before crash, police say
Most Read Stories
Eric Comrie made 29 saves for the Americans. Seattle’s Brandon Glover stopped 28 of 32 shots.
The T-birds take a break until Dec. 28 when they host Everett.
Seattle was without Roberts Lipsbergs, who joined Team Latvia for the World Junior Championship in Ufa, Russia.