Fiddler now has 15 goals on the season
Todd Fiddler’s hat trick for the Spokane Chiefs overpowered the host Seattle Thunderbirds in a 3-1 Western Hockey League victory Saturday night in Kent.
Fiddler, a left wing, now has 15 goals on the season. He opened the scoring just 90 seconds into the match, and closed the scoring with 28 seconds left on an empty-net goal. Mike Aviani had the only assist for Spokane (15-7-0-0) on Fiddler’s goal at 14:32 of the third period to put Spokane up 2-0.
Roberts Lipsbergs had the lone goal for Seattle (10-11-1-0).
At Everett 6, Vancouver 5
- As USS Ranger departs, Navy's cost dilemma takes off
- Seahawks courting a pair of cornerbacks as free agency looms
- UW tops new list of best western universities
- Seattle's micro-housing boom offers an affordable alternative
- Live updates from the state boys basketball tournament
Most Read Stories
Two goals in the final 10 minutes lifted the Silvertips (8-14-0-2) past the Giants (7-14-0-0).
Ty Mappin tied the game at 5-5 with his goal at 11:13, and then Everett got the winner from Reid Petryk, off a Mirco Mueller assist, at 15:30 of the third period.
Petryk had two goals for the winners while Nick Walters, Tyler Sandhu and Landon Oslanski also scored for the Silvertips.
From league reports