MEDICINE HAT, Alberta — Mitch Elliott picked a great time for his first goal of the season.
The Seattle Thunderbirds’ winger scored in the third minute of overtime to give his team a 5-4 win Friday night in a Western Hockey League game.
Seattle overcame a two-goal deficit in the first period and tied it with 29 seconds left in regulation on a Mathew Barzal penalty shot.
Everett 2, Tri-City 0
- How ISIS methodically groomed a lonely young Wash. state woman
- Despite struggles on and off field, ex-Skyline star QB Jake Heaps still chasing his dream
- Navy stealthily targets Hood Canal development
- Residents return to ‘war zone’ in wake of Wenatchee wildfire
- Lake City residents fight to regain use of now-private beach
Most Read Stories
Austin Lotz stopped 29 shots to record the shutout for the host Silvertips.
Jujhar Khaira and Carson Stadnyk scored for Everett.