MEDICINE HAT, Alberta — Mitch Elliott picked a great time for his first goal of the season.
The Seattle Thunderbirds’ winger scored in the third minute of overtime to give his team a 5-4 win Friday night in a Western Hockey League game.
Seattle overcame a two-goal deficit in the first period and tied it with 29 seconds left in regulation on a Mathew Barzal penalty shot.
Everett 2, Tri-City 0
- Seattle-area home prices set record; 2nd-fastest rising in nation
- Students seeking sugar daddies for tuition, rent
- Florida man runs over couple on motorcycle during road-rage incident
- The best deli in Seattle that you’ve probably never heard of
- South Florida officers find 2 alligators eating human body
Most Read Stories
Austin Lotz stopped 29 shots to record the shutout for the host Silvertips.
Jujhar Khaira and Carson Stadnyk scored for Everett.