MEDICINE HAT, Alberta — Mitch Elliott picked a great time for his first goal of the season.
The Seattle Thunderbirds’ winger scored in the third minute of overtime to give his team a 5-4 win Friday night in a Western Hockey League game.
Seattle overcame a two-goal deficit in the first period and tied it with 29 seconds left in regulation on a Mathew Barzal penalty shot.
Everett 2, Tri-City 0
- Seahawks agree to contract extension with quarterback Russell Wilson
- Dustin Ackley trade symbolizes continuing dark days of Mariners
- Surviving Seattle’s sidewalks: Pedestrian rage rises as the population grows
- Seahawks linebacker Bobby Wagner on contract talks: 'Now. That's my deadline'
- Higher wages a surprising success for Seattle restaurant Ivar's
Most Read Stories
Austin Lotz stopped 29 shots to record the shutout for the host Silvertips.
Jujhar Khaira and Carson Stadnyk scored for Everett.