MEDICINE HAT, Alberta — Mitch Elliott picked a great time for his first goal of the season.
The Seattle Thunderbirds’ winger scored in the third minute of overtime to give his team a 5-4 win Friday night in a Western Hockey League game.
Seattle overcame a two-goal deficit in the first period and tied it with 29 seconds left in regulation on a Mathew Barzal penalty shot.
Everett 2, Tri-City 0
- Cleared after stabbing, former UW student wants his life back
- Driver arrested after I-90 crash that killed 2
- Costco delays credit-card switch
- WSDOT chief ousted by Senate Republicans after 3 years on job
- Death of Oregon ultramarathoner rocks community of runners
Most Read Stories
Austin Lotz stopped 29 shots to record the shutout for the host Silvertips.
Jujhar Khaira and Carson Stadnyk scored for Everett.