MEDICINE HAT, Alberta — Mitch Elliott picked a great time for his first goal of the season.
The Seattle Thunderbirds’ winger scored in the third minute of overtime to give his team a 5-4 win Friday night in a Western Hockey League game.
Seattle overcame a two-goal deficit in the first period and tied it with 29 seconds left in regulation on a Mathew Barzal penalty shot.
Everett 2, Tri-City 0
- Turkey’s president, Putin hurl insults after plane downed
- Teen, one of 14 siblings, finally gets to be a kid
- Seattle sushi fans, rejoice: Shiro's new place is open
- UW fires women’s crew coach Bob Ernst
- 2015 Apple Cup might be the start of something big for UW Huskies, WSU Cougars
Most Read Stories
Austin Lotz stopped 29 shots to record the shutout for the host Silvertips.
Jujhar Khaira and Carson Stadnyk scored for Everett.