KENNEWICK — Jessey Astles scored in the shootout as the Tri-City Americans defeated the Seattle Thunderbirds 3-2 Friday night in Western Hockey League action.
All three Seattle shooters were stopped by Americans goaltender Eric Comrie, who had 31 saves.
Danny Mumaugh had 41 saves for Seattle (9-3-0-2).
Ryan Gropp and Seth Swenson scored first-period goals for the Thunderbirds.
- Shell icebreaker begins journey after protesters removed from Portland bridge
- Surviving Seattle’s sidewalks: Pedestrian rage rises as the population grows
- Silence deafening as Russell Wilson deadline for extension nears
- Haggen cuts worker hours in Seattle area
- Alaska Airlines has 72-hour sale on fall travel to Hawaii
Most Read Stories
Manraj Hayer completed a hat trick by scoring the tie-breaking goal with two minutes left in the third period as Everett beat Vancouver. Brayden Low, Kohl Bauml and Austin Adam also scored for the Silvertips (9-2-2-0).