KENNEWICK — Jessey Astles scored in the shootout as the Tri-City Americans defeated the Seattle Thunderbirds 3-2 Friday night in Western Hockey League action.
All three Seattle shooters were stopped by Americans goaltender Eric Comrie, who had 31 saves.
Danny Mumaugh had 41 saves for Seattle (9-3-0-2).
Ryan Gropp and Seth Swenson scored first-period goals for the Thunderbirds.
- Our state’s greatest gift to the nation just got canceled
- Clay Matthews tells Colin Kaepernick: ‘You ain’t Russell Wilson, bro’
- Watch: Former Mariners great Ichiro Suzuki pitches — yes, pitches — for the Marlins
- Gun violence: Don’t fear gun laws; let gun-owners help pay to fix the problem
- Evergreen High School football player critically injured during game
Most Read Stories
Manraj Hayer completed a hat trick by scoring the tie-breaking goal with two minutes left in the third period as Everett beat Vancouver. Brayden Low, Kohl Bauml and Austin Adam also scored for the Silvertips (9-2-2-0).