KENNEWICK — Jessey Astles scored in the shootout as the Tri-City Americans defeated the Seattle Thunderbirds 3-2 Friday night in Western Hockey League action.
All three Seattle shooters were stopped by Americans goaltender Eric Comrie, who had 31 saves.
Danny Mumaugh had 41 saves for Seattle (9-3-0-2).
Ryan Gropp and Seth Swenson scored first-period goals for the Thunderbirds.
- 1 killed, 5 injured in Snohomish Big Four Ice Caves collapse
- Starbucks prices here to rise 3.5 times as much as nationwide
- Seattle weather is an early peek at the future
- Seahawks mailbag: Russell Okung's future, Cliff Avril's role
- Mount St. Helens, still steaming, holds the world’s newest glacier
Most Read Stories
Manraj Hayer completed a hat trick by scoring the tie-breaking goal with two minutes left in the third period as Everett beat Vancouver. Brayden Low, Kohl Bauml and Austin Adam also scored for the Silvertips (9-2-2-0).