KENNEWICK — Jessey Astles scored in the shootout as the Tri-City Americans defeated the Seattle Thunderbirds 3-2 Friday night in Western Hockey League action.
All three Seattle shooters were stopped by Americans goaltender Eric Comrie, who had 31 saves.
Danny Mumaugh had 41 saves for Seattle (9-3-0-2).
Ryan Gropp and Seth Swenson scored first-period goals for the Thunderbirds.
- After embarrassment, Seattle finds public toilet that's just right
- NFL.com says Seahawks have most talented roster in league, and speculate on starting lineup
- Seattle's best restaurants? Classics revisited
- Couple missing 2 weeks in California drank rain, ate oranges
- Kyle Seager saves Mariners, 7-6, in 10 innings
Most Read Stories
Manraj Hayer completed a hat trick by scoring the tie-breaking goal with two minutes left in the third period as Everett beat Vancouver. Brayden Low, Kohl Bauml and Austin Adam also scored for the Silvertips (9-2-2-0).