Seattle wins at Tri-City
KENNEWICK — First-period goals by Seth Swenson and Roberts Lipsbergs powered the Seattle Thunderbirds to a key 3-1 road victory over the Tri-City Americans in Western Hockey League action Friday.
Brandon Glover was the winning goaltender, stopping 28 of 29 shots.
With the victory, Seattle improves to 22-35-7-1 for 52 points for seventh place in the Western Conference. They are three points ahead of Everett and eight ahead of Prince George as the three teams fight for the last two playoff spots in the West. Tri-City fell to 37-23-1-2.
- State Supreme Court: Charter schools are unconstitutional
- Seahawks preseason awards: MVPs, surprises, disappointments, toughest roster calls
- Seahawks' 53-man roster projection: The Final One
- Seahawks agree to deal with veteran RB Fred Jackson, waive Robert Turbin
- Rookies again are impressive as Seattle beats Oakland 31-21 to end exhibition season
Most Read Stories
at Everett 1
The Silvertips gave up four second-period goals in losing at home to the Oil Kings (46-15-2-3).
From association reports.