The Portland Winterhawks poured on four goals in the third period to storm back and beat the Seattle Thunderbirds 5-3 on Saturday night at Veterans Memorial Coliseum in Portland.
Paul Bittner scored three of those third-period goals, including one on an empty net, for the Winterhawks (23-7-2-2), who are second in the Western Conference.
The Thunderbirds (20-10-1-3) got two goals from Adam Henry.
Vancouver 6, at Everett 3
- Teen, one of 14 siblings, finally gets to be a kid
- Report: Seahawks’ Marshawn Lynch has surgery Wednesday, could be back by late December
- Students say WWU’s response to racist threats not enough
- WWU cancels classes Tuesday after racial threats on social media
- Seattle sushi fans, rejoice: Shiro's new place is open
Most Read Stories
Austin Lotz gave up three goals in the third period and the Silvertips fell to the Giants.
The Silvertips got goals from Jujhar Khaira, Kohl Bauml and Joshua Winquist, but it wasn’t enough to avoid their third straight loss.