The Portland Winterhawks poured on four goals in the third period to storm back and beat the Seattle Thunderbirds 5-3 on Saturday night at Veterans Memorial Coliseum in Portland.
Paul Bittner scored three of those third-period goals, including one on an empty net, for the Winterhawks (23-7-2-2), who are second in the Western Conference.
The Thunderbirds (20-10-1-3) got two goals from Adam Henry.
Vancouver 6, at Everett 3
- Job cuts planned as Boeing hunkers down to compete with Airbus, consider new plane
- Female tiger killed by mating partner at Sacramento Zoo
- Amid Zika fears, local family shares the reality of microcephaly
- With Marshawn Lynch retired, what will Seahawks do with money they save?
- Police: Ohio newborn appears to have died from dog bite
Most Read Stories
Austin Lotz gave up three goals in the third period and the Silvertips fell to the Giants.
The Silvertips got goals from Jujhar Khaira, Kohl Bauml and Joshua Winquist, but it wasn’t enough to avoid their third straight loss.