The Portland Winterhawks poured on four goals in the third period to storm back and beat the Seattle Thunderbirds 5-3 on Saturday night at Veterans Memorial Coliseum in Portland.
Paul Bittner scored three of those third-period goals, including one on an empty net, for the Winterhawks (23-7-2-2), who are second in the Western Conference.
The Thunderbirds (20-10-1-3) got two goals from Adam Henry.
Vancouver 6, at Everett 3
- Purple Heart plant bed vandalized days before Memorial Day
- Students seeking sugar daddies for tuition, rent
- Refusal in Bernie Sandersland to accept reality is really unreal
- Central District’s shrinking black community wonders what’s next
- All’s still not smooth for Uber after its bumpy ride to Sea-Tac Airport
Most Read Stories
Austin Lotz gave up three goals in the third period and the Silvertips fell to the Giants.
The Silvertips got goals from Jujhar Khaira, Kohl Bauml and Joshua Winquist, but it wasn’t enough to avoid their third straight loss.