The Portland Winterhawks poured on four goals in the third period to storm back and beat the Seattle Thunderbirds 5-3 on Saturday night at Veterans Memorial Coliseum in Portland.
Paul Bittner scored three of those third-period goals, including one on an empty net, for the Winterhawks (23-7-2-2), who are second in the Western Conference.
The Thunderbirds (20-10-1-3) got two goals from Adam Henry.
Vancouver 6, at Everett 3
- Seattle police officer faces firing over arrest of man carrying a golf club
- Man killed by escort had axes, shovel, bleach; may be linked to missing women
- Seattle-area home prices hit wall in May
- Alaska Airlines has 72-hour sale on fall travel to Hawaii
- Boy Scouts OK gay leaders; Mormon church may quit
Most Read Stories
Austin Lotz gave up three goals in the third period and the Silvertips fell to the Giants.
The Silvertips got goals from Jujhar Khaira, Kohl Bauml and Joshua Winquist, but it wasn’t enough to avoid their third straight loss.