The Portland Winterhawks poured on four goals in the third period to storm back and beat the Seattle Thunderbirds 5-3 on Saturday night at Veterans Memorial Coliseum in Portland.
Paul Bittner scored three of those third-period goals, including one on an empty net, for the Winterhawks (23-7-2-2), who are second in the Western Conference.
The Thunderbirds (20-10-1-3) got two goals from Adam Henry.
Vancouver 6, at Everett 3
- Amazon rolls out free same-day delivery for Prime members
- 'Granny panties' making a comeback as women say no to thongs
- Shopping video undoes woman's case against SPD
- Deputies shoot 17-year-old after car chase in SeaTac
- Old Lusty Lady strip club to get new look as boutique hotel
Most Read Stories
Austin Lotz gave up three goals in the third period and the Silvertips fell to the Giants.
The Silvertips got goals from Jujhar Khaira, Kohl Bauml and Joshua Winquist, but it wasn’t enough to avoid their third straight loss.