Americans take 2-0 lead in WHL playoff series
KENNEWICK — If the strategy for the Everett Silvertips was to come out and play physical against the Tri-City Americans in the second game of their Western Hockey League playoff series, well, the strategy backfired.
The Silvertips were called for 12 infractions and 54 penalty minutes, resulting in eight power-play opportunities for the Americans. Tri-City converted on three of those and that’s all it took for a 3-1 victory Saturday and a 2-0 edge in the series. The third game in the best-of-seven series is Tuesday at 7:05 p.m. in Everett.
Patrick Holland, Mason Wilgosh and Adam Hughesman each scored for Tri-City, which held a 36-18 edge in shots on goal. Everett was 0 for 4 on the power play.
Ryan Murray had the only goal for Everett, which lost 7-2 in Game 1.
- More pet-food recalls linked to potential salmonella contamination
- Man drowns in Lake Washington after hopping off boat
- Seattle company copes with backlash on $70,000 minimum wage
- Seahawks' decision shows faith in Brandon Mebane, and the team's Superstar Strategy
- Impressions from day 3 of Seahawks training camp --- Christine Michael, the center position, Tyler Lockett, and more
Most Read Stories
From league reports