The Seattle Thunderbirds got no relief in Kelowna, B. C., on Friday night, losing their ninth straight Western Hockey League game, 6-1. Seattle led 1-0 when Justin...
The Seattle Thunderbirds got no relief in Kelowna, B.C., on Friday night, losing their ninth straight Western Hockey League game, 6-1.
Seattle led 1-0 when Justin Hickman scored on the power play in the 15th minute, but it was all Blazers after that. The T-birds have not won since beating Everett on Dec. 7. They host Spokane tonight in Kent.
Reid Petryk scored his second goal of the game with just less than three minutes remaining to lift the Everett Silvertips to a 3-2 victory over visiting Spokane in a WHL game.
- Pursuit of big-money contract comes at a cost for Seahawks QB Russell Wilson
- Ticket prices soar, then drop for World Cup
- As Puget Sound sweats, few air conditioners are cooling us down
- Whitest big county in the U.S.? It’s us
- Kent family mourns loss of father, two sons in Father’s Day weekend crash
Most Read Stories
Stealth opens season
The Washington Stealth opens its season Saturday night at Everett’s Comcast Arena with a game against defending National Lacrosse League champion Rochester. Everett leads the series with Rochester 11-4. The game begins at 6:45 p.m.
• Michael Greene scored 21 but host Northwest University (14-4, 4-2 Cascade Collegiate Conference), lost 77-65 to Warner Pacific in a men’s basketball game. The Northwest women (2-11, 1-5 CCC) lost 72-60 to visiting Warner Pacific.