RED DEER, Alberta — Vukie Mpofu scored two goals as the Red Deer Rebels defeated the Seattle Thunderbirds 5-1 Friday night in Western Hockey League action.
This was the first game of a five-game road trip for Seattle. The T-birds travel to Edmonton to face the Oil Kings on Saturday.
Top draft picks Kaden Elder and Nolan Volcan made their T-birds debut. They were called up for the road trip to replace injured players.
Seattle (22-12-2-3) opened the scoring at 8:21 of the first period. Branden Troock beat Rebels goalie Patrik Bartosak over the glove with a snapshot.
- Narcotics dog hospitalized after ingesting meth
- It's no easy task, but contract extension for Seahawks QB Russell Wilson will get done
- 5 Seahawks takeaways from the NFL League Meetings
- Unusual motel sting casts wide net on illicit activity
- Microsoft tells vendors to give contract workers basic benefits
Most Read Stories
Chanara Greene had 17 points and nine rebounds as visiting Northwest U beat Walla Walla 81-47. Chantelle Burke scored 12 points for the Eagles (10-6).
From sports-information reports.