RED DEER, Alberta — Vukie Mpofu scored two goals as the Red Deer Rebels defeated the Seattle Thunderbirds 5-1 Friday night in Western Hockey League action.
This was the first game of a five-game road trip for Seattle. The T-birds travel to Edmonton to face the Oil Kings on Saturday.
Top draft picks Kaden Elder and Nolan Volcan made their T-birds debut. They were called up for the road trip to replace injured players.
Seattle (22-12-2-3) opened the scoring at 8:21 of the first period. Branden Troock beat Rebels goalie Patrik Bartosak over the glove with a snapshot.
- Microsoft pair claim 'hostess bar' expense queries led to firing
- Slugger Nelson Cruz makes strong first impression with Mariners
- Thursday morning musings: Mel Kiper says Seattle pick "very difficult to predict right now''
- Who do post-Combine mock drafts have the Seahawks selecting?
- Forecasters say gas prices are set to soar
Most Read Stories
Chanara Greene had 17 points and nine rebounds as visiting Northwest U beat Walla Walla 81-47. Chantelle Burke scored 12 points for the Eagles (10-6).
From sports-information reports.