The Portland Winterhawks rebounded from a 2-1 deficit in the first period to defeat the Seattle Thunderbirds 5-3 in a Western Hockey League...
The Portland Winterhawks rebounded from a 2-1 deficit in the first period to defeat the Seattle Thunderbirds 5-3 in a Western Hockey League game Friday night at the ShoWare Center in Kent.
The T-birds took their lead on early goals from Alexander Delnov and Connor Honey, but Portland kept the pressure on and outshot the T-birds 41-26.
The Winterhawks were particularly dominant in the second period, outshooting Seattle 9-3 and scoring twice to take a 4-2 lead.
- Could Chris Polk be a fit for the Seahawks?
- Jesse Jones is back: Seattle's superhero consumer reporter is now at KIRO 7
- Nathan Hale High School juniors boycott state test
- This USB cable finally could be connector for long haul
- Scientists to study the 'modern miracle' of Ozzy Osbourne's survival
Most Read Stories
The host Everett Silvertips lost 2-1 to the Tri-City Americans in a shootout. Everett tied the game four minutes into the third period on Logan Aasman’s second goal of the season.