The Portland Winterhawks rebounded from a 2-1 deficit in the first period to defeat the Seattle Thunderbirds 5-3 in a Western Hockey League...
The Portland Winterhawks rebounded from a 2-1 deficit in the first period to defeat the Seattle Thunderbirds 5-3 in a Western Hockey League game Friday night at the ShoWare Center in Kent.
The T-birds took their lead on early goals from Alexander Delnov and Connor Honey, but Portland kept the pressure on and outshot the T-birds 41-26.
The Winterhawks were particularly dominant in the second period, outshooting Seattle 9-3 and scoring twice to take a 4-2 lead.
- After embarrassment, Seattle finds public toilet that's just right
- NFL.com says Seahawks have most talented roster in league, and speculate on starting lineup
- Seattle's best restaurants? Classics revisited
- Capitol Hill light-rail station nearly ready for trains to rumble
- Kyle Seager saves Mariners, 7-6, in 10 innings
Most Read Stories
The host Everett Silvertips lost 2-1 to the Tri-City Americans in a shootout. Everett tied the game four minutes into the third period on Logan Aasman’s second goal of the season.