Zach Pochiro had two goals and an assist as the Prince George Cougars beat the Seattle Thunderbirds 6-4 Sunday in a Western Hockey League game at ShoWare Center in Kent.
The T-birds (37-18-2-3), who clinched a playoff berth Saturday, were 2-1-0-0 during the weekend. The Cougars (25-29-3-5) are two points out of the last playoff spot in the Western Conference.
Jaimen Yakubowski scored two goals for Seattle. His first goal opened the scoring and his second one finished it.
Alexander Delnov and Calvin Spencer also scored first-period goals for Seattle, which led 3-0. Prince George then scored six straight goals for a 6-3 lead after two periods.
- Job cuts planned as Boeing hunkers down to compete with Airbus, consider new plane
- Female tiger killed by mating partner at Sacramento Zoo
- Amid Zika fears, local family shares the reality of microcephaly
- With Marshawn Lynch retired, what will Seahawks do with money they save?
- Police: Ohio newborn appears to have died from dog bite
Most Read Stories
The Everett Silvertips outshot the Spokane Chiefs 37-25 and nearly rallied to tie the score in the third period before suffering a 5-3 defeat at the Spokane Veterans Memorial Coliseum.
Josh Winquist scored his 38th goal of the season in the first period and had an assist for Everett (28-23-7-1). Cole MacDonald also had a goal and assisted on another by Brayden Low, while Mirco Mueller notched a pair of assists.
Making his WHL debut after signing with the Silvertips last week, 15-year-old goaltender Carter Hart stopped 20 Spokane shots while taking the loss in a solid effort.