Zach Pochiro had two goals and an assist as the Prince George Cougars beat the Seattle Thunderbirds 6-4 Sunday in a Western Hockey League game at ShoWare Center in Kent.
The T-birds (37-18-2-3), who clinched a playoff berth Saturday, were 2-1-0-0 during the weekend. The Cougars (25-29-3-5) are two points out of the last playoff spot in the Western Conference.
Jaimen Yakubowski scored two goals for Seattle. His first goal opened the scoring and his second one finished it.
Alexander Delnov and Calvin Spencer also scored first-period goals for Seattle, which led 3-0. Prince George then scored six straight goals for a 6-3 lead after two periods.
- This drone footage of inside Bertha’s tunnel is like something out of ‘Star Wars’
- Seattle City Council kills sale of street for Sodo arena; Sonics fans despair
- Ted Cruz ends his bid for Republican presidential nomination
- Man killed by car pulling out of Seattle parking garage
- School board rebukes Bellevue football program; possible two-year ban for coach Butch Goncharoff
Most Read Stories
The Everett Silvertips outshot the Spokane Chiefs 37-25 and nearly rallied to tie the score in the third period before suffering a 5-3 defeat at the Spokane Veterans Memorial Coliseum.
Josh Winquist scored his 38th goal of the season in the first period and had an assist for Everett (28-23-7-1). Cole MacDonald also had a goal and assisted on another by Brayden Low, while Mirco Mueller notched a pair of assists.
Making his WHL debut after signing with the Silvertips last week, 15-year-old goaltender Carter Hart stopped 20 Spokane shots while taking the loss in a solid effort.