The Spokane Chiefs scored five goals in the first period and cruised to an 8-2 victory over the Seattle Thunderbirds in a Western Hockey...
SPOKANE — The Spokane Chiefs scored five goals in the first period and cruised to an 8-2 victory over the Seattle Thunderbirds in a Western Hockey League game Tuesday night.
The Chiefs chased goaltender Brandon Glover by scoring on four of 12 shots and took a 5-0 lead. Justin Myles allowed four goals on 20 shots.
Mike Aviani had two goals and two assists, Todd Fiddler scored two goals and Tyler King had one goal and two assists for the Chiefs.
Luke Lockhart and Justin Hickman scored for the T-birds.
- Mount St. Helens, still steaming, holds the world’s newest glacier
- Whitest big county in the U.S.? It’s us
- Seattle sets heat record for July 4
- Sound Transit planning heats up for light-rail expansion and public vote
- For escapee, prison now will mean 23 hours a day in a cell
Most Read Stories
Everett 2 (1-0 shootout)
Colin Smith scored in a shootout as the Blazers edged Everett. Carson Stadnyk had given Everett a 2-1 lead 10:53 into the third. Ryan Harrison scored Everett’s other goal.