EDMONTON, Alberta — The Everett Silvertips scored twice in the first period and added a pair of late empty-net goals as they defeated the Edmonton Oil Kings 4-2 in a Western Hockey League game Tuesday night.
Austin Lotz made 28 saves for Everett, which scored in the second minute on a goal from Matt Pufahl.
After Edmonton tied the score, Everett took the lead for good on a goal by Joshua Winquist in the 15th minute.
- Husky guide on UW cheerleading tryouts goes global
- Look like this, not that: UW pulls cheerleader-tryout advice after angry backlash
- Seahawks take Germain Ifedi with first-round pick in NFL draft
- APNewsBreak: Investigators look at overdose in Prince death
- Mexican agents hunting fugitives in Arlington slayings: ‘It’s only going to be a few days’
Most Read Stories
• Host Washington finished second in the Edean Ihlanfeldt Invitational at Sahalee Country Club in Sammamish.
The Huskies finished at 26-over 290, 27 shots behind Stanford in the 13-team field. Gonzaga finished eighth at 51-over 915. Washington State was last at 960.
SooBin Kim finished fourth to lead the Huskies with a score of 3-over 219. Stanford’s Mariah Stackhouse shot 7-under 209 to win by three strokes.