EDMONTON, Alberta — The Everett Silvertips scored twice in the first period and added a pair of late empty-net goals as they defeated the Edmonton Oil Kings 4-2 in a Western Hockey League game Tuesday night.
Austin Lotz made 28 saves for Everett, which scored in the second minute on a goal from Matt Pufahl.
After Edmonton tied the score, Everett took the lead for good on a goal by Joshua Winquist in the 15th minute.
- With death on table, McEnroe jury's friendships crumbled
- Salary cap expert Joel Corry with another look at Russell Wilson's contract
- Microsoft employees -- past and present -- look back over the years
- To retire at 55 takes big savings
- No time to eat in Silicon Valley, so techies chug their protein
Most Read Stories
• Host Washington finished second in the Edean Ihlanfeldt Invitational at Sahalee Country Club in Sammamish.
The Huskies finished at 26-over 290, 27 shots behind Stanford in the 13-team field. Gonzaga finished eighth at 51-over 915. Washington State was last at 960.
SooBin Kim finished fourth to lead the Huskies with a score of 3-over 219. Stanford’s Mariah Stackhouse shot 7-under 209 to win by three strokes.