Josh Winquist scored twice in the third period to lift the Everett Silvertips to a 3-2 victory over the Saskatoon Blades on Saturday night in a Western Hockey League game.
SASKATOON, Saskatchewan — Josh Winquist scored twice in the third period to lift the Everett Silvertips to a 3-2 victory over the Saskatoon Blades on Saturday night in a Western Hockey League game.
The victory extends the Silvertips’ winning streak to three straight. Everett (5-7-0-1) finished its six-game East Division trip with four victories.
The two scores gave Winquist five points in his past two games and 13 points for the season. Both goals were assisted by Ryan Murray, and Manraj Hayer finished the night with a goal and an assist for Everett as well.
Daniel Cotton turned aside 31 of 33 shots for the Silvertips.
- Seattle City Council kills sale of street for Sodo arena; Sonics fans despair
- Former Skyline High QB Jake Heaps signs with Seahawks
- 9 arrested, 5 officers hurt as May Day anti-capitalist march turns violent
- Sinkhole forms above Sound Transit light-rail tunnel in Roosevelt area
- High court rejects franchises’ challenge to Seattle’s $15 wage law
Most Read Stories
Darren Dietz scored both goals for Saskatoon (5-9-0-0).
At Portland 6, Seattle 1
The Winterhawks (8-3-1-0) spotted the Thunderbirds (5-5-0-0) an early goal, then scored six straight the rest of the way. Mac Carruth stopped 22 of 23 shots for Portland. Luke Lockhart scored for Seattle.
From team and Internet reports