The Everett Silvertips played like the No. 8 seed from the Western Conference, and the Tri-City Americans played like the top seed. The Americans dominated the...
KENNEWICK — The Everett Silvertips played like the No. 8 seed from the Western Conference, and the Tri-City Americans played like the top seed.
The Americans dominated the opening game of the best-of-seven Western Hockey League series Friday night, beating Everett 7-2.
Tri-City outshot Everett 42-16, including a 12-3 edge in the third period.
The Americans didn’t take long to assert their dominance, grabbing a 3-0 lead before the midway point of the first period.
- USC fires head coach Steve Sarkisian, former UW Huskies coach
- Seahawks coach Pete Carroll on Steve Sarkisian: ‘It breaks my heart’
- Seahawks’ Pete Carroll ‘baffled’ after late collapse vs. Bengals
- McMenamins Anderson School grand opening is Thursday
- Seattle council candidate alleges political shakedown by developer
Most Read Stories
Everett’s Ryan Murray scored to make it 3-1 at the 10:27 mark of the first period, but that was as close as the Silvertips got.
JT Barnett scored Everett’s other goal.
The teams play Game 2 of the series Saturday night in Kennewick.