The Everett Silvertips played like the No. 8 seed from the Western Conference, and the Tri-City Americans played like the top seed. The Americans dominated the...
KENNEWICK — The Everett Silvertips played like the No. 8 seed from the Western Conference, and the Tri-City Americans played like the top seed.
The Americans dominated the opening game of the best-of-seven Western Hockey League series Friday night, beating Everett 7-2.
Tri-City outshot Everett 42-16, including a 12-3 edge in the third period.
The Americans didn’t take long to assert their dominance, grabbing a 3-0 lead before the midway point of the first period.
- Artificially produced water delivers Israel from drought
- Seahawks' Michael Bennett admits he wants a new deal
- 'Granny panties' making a comeback as women say no to thongs
- 2nd man comes forward with accusation against Hastert
- Seahawks' honest approach won over cornerback Cary Williams in free-agency tour
Most Read Stories
Everett’s Ryan Murray scored to make it 3-1 at the 10:27 mark of the first period, but that was as close as the Silvertips got.
JT Barnett scored Everett’s other goal.
The teams play Game 2 of the series Saturday night in Kennewick.