The Everett Silvertips played like the No. 8 seed from the Western Conference, and the Tri-City Americans played like the top seed. The Americans dominated the...
KENNEWICK — The Everett Silvertips played like the No. 8 seed from the Western Conference, and the Tri-City Americans played like the top seed.
The Americans dominated the opening game of the best-of-seven Western Hockey League series Friday night, beating Everett 7-2.
Tri-City outshot Everett 42-16, including a 12-3 edge in the third period.
The Americans didn’t take long to assert their dominance, grabbing a 3-0 lead before the midway point of the first period.
- Female tiger killed by mating partner at Sacramento Zoo
- Job cuts planned as Boeing hunkers down to compete with Airbus, consider new plane
- Amid Zika fears, local family shares the reality of microcephaly
- Seahawks sign CFL receiver Jeff Fuller and running back Cameron Marshall
- Nigerian suicide bomber gets cold feet, refuses to kill
Most Read Stories
Everett’s Ryan Murray scored to make it 3-1 at the 10:27 mark of the first period, but that was as close as the Silvertips got.
JT Barnett scored Everett’s other goal.
The teams play Game 2 of the series Saturday night in Kennewick.