KENT — Four goals in a five-minute span of the second period powered the Seattle Thunderbirds to a 6-3 victory over Victoria in Western Hockey League action Saturday night.
The game was tied 2-2 after Logan Fisher scored for Victoria at 4:45 of the second period. Shortly thereafter, the Thunderbirds (15-9-1-3) went on a run with Shea Theodore scoring at 12:41, Mathew Barzal at 16:33, Branden Troock at 16:52 and Roberts Lipsbergs at 17:37.
For Lipsbergs, it was his second goal of the night and 17th on the season. Alexander Delnov also had a goal for Seattle while Troock and Jared Hauf each had two assists.
Victoria (18-11-0-1) was hurt by an 0-for-4 effort on power plays compared to 2 for 6 for Seattle.
- Costco delays credit-card switch
- Driver arrested after I-90 crash that killed 2
- Cleared after stabbing, former UW student wants his life back
- WSDOT chief ousted by Senate Republicans after 3 years on job
- Band's frontman: No Super Bowl halftime show for Metallica
Most Read Stories
At Everett 5, Saskatoon 1
The Silvertips (20-4-4-0) had a huge 39-16 edge in shots in beating the Blades (10-16-1-2).
Matt Pufahl had two goals and an assist for Everett. Kohl Bauml, Matt Fonteyne and Ivan Nikolishin also scored for the Silvertips.
Everett was outstanding on the power play, converting five of seven opportunities.