KELOWNA, B.C. — Shea Theodore scored in a shootout as the Seattle Thunderbirds edged the Kelowna Rockets 4-3 in a Western Hockey League game Friday night at Prospera Place.
The Thunderbirds, trailing 3-1, got third-period goals from Erik Benoit and Jared Hauf to tie the score and force overtime.
Theodore made the second T-bird attempt in the shootout.
Everett 3, at Prince George 2
- Our state’s greatest gift to the nation just got canceled
- Clay Matthews tells Colin Kaepernick: ‘You ain’t Russell Wilson, bro’
- Watch: Former Mariners great Ichiro Suzuki pitches — yes, pitches — for the Marlins
- Death of Evergreen player, other injuries renew football-safety debate
- Gun violence: Don’t fear gun laws; let gun-owners help pay to fix the problem
Most Read Stories
Joshua Winquist and Carson Stadnyk scored shootout goals as the Silvertips outscored the Cougars 2-1 in a shootout for the victory.
Winquist and Mirco Mueller scored goals in regulation for Everett. Silvertips goaltender Austin Lotz saved 30 of 32 shots.
Chase Witala scored a goal in regulation and also a shootout goal for the Cougars.