KELOWNA, B.C. — Shea Theodore scored in a shootout as the Seattle Thunderbirds edged the Kelowna Rockets 4-3 in a Western Hockey League game Friday night at Prospera Place.
The Thunderbirds, trailing 3-1, got third-period goals from Erik Benoit and Jared Hauf to tie the score and force overtime.
Theodore made the second T-bird attempt in the shootout.
Everett 3, at Prince George 2
- Pursuit of big-money contract comes at a cost for Seahawks QB Russell Wilson
- Ticket prices soar, then drop for World Cup
- As Puget Sound sweats, few air conditioners are cooling us down
- Whitest big county in the U.S.? It’s us
- Kent family mourns loss of father, two sons in Father’s Day weekend crash
Most Read Stories
Joshua Winquist and Carson Stadnyk scored shootout goals as the Silvertips outscored the Cougars 2-1 in a shootout for the victory.
Winquist and Mirco Mueller scored goals in regulation for Everett. Silvertips goaltender Austin Lotz saved 30 of 32 shots.
Chase Witala scored a goal in regulation and also a shootout goal for the Cougars.