The Seattle Thunderbirds shut out the Everett Silvertips 3-0 Saturday night at the ShoWare Center, ending a three-game Western Hockey League...
KENT — The Seattle Thunderbirds shut out the Everett Silvertips 3-0 Saturday night at the ShoWare Center, ending a three-game Western Hockey League skid.
The T-birds opened the scoring at 14:14 of the first period on a goal by Dillon Wagner, assisted by Chance Lund and Brad Deagle. It was Wagner’s fifth goal of the season.
Seattle increased its lead to 2-0 at 16:58 of the second, when Connor Honey scored his sixth of the season with a rebound putback of his own power-play shot.
Jacob Doty capped the scoring with his second goal of the season, tipping in a shot from Deagle at 5:42 of the third period.
- Purple Heart plant bed vandalized days before Memorial Day
- Refusal in Bernie Sandersland to accept reality is really unreal
- Central District’s shrinking black community wonders what’s next
- Seattle’s vanishing black community
- All’s still not smooth for Uber after its bumpy ride to Sea-Tac Airport
Most Read Stories
Calvin Pickard posted the shutout for Seattle, stopping all 29 shots. Kent Simpson made 42 saves for Everett.
The T-birds (22-37-1-1) are in eighth place in the Western Conference standings, two points behind seventh-place Victoria and three points ahead of the ninth-place Silvertips (16-37-1-8).
From team reports.