Seattle scored two goals in the second period and skated to a 4-2 victory over the Brandon Wheat Kings in a Western Hockey League game at ShoWare Center in Kent on Tuesday night.
Sam McKechnie gave the Thunderbirds a 1-0 lead in the first period. Seth Swenson, who had two assists, made it 2-0 just 49 seconds into the second period. Ryley Lindgren pulled Brandon to 2-1 before Erik Benoit put the T-birds up 3-1 at 4:54.
Brandon closed the gap again on a goal by Jens Meilleur in the third before Shea Theodore scored an empty-net goal.
- Fired reporter kills 2 former co-workers on live TV
- Tourists robbed, beaten downtown ‘afraid to go back’ to Seattle
- Hawaii sending wet weather this way that may stick around
- Animated map: How the wildfires in North Central Washington have grown over time
- Seahawks safety Kam Chancellor holdout FAQ
Most Read Stories
• Cory Hutsen scored 24 points and Patrick Simon had 21 as host Seattle Pacific earned a 92-71 exhibition men’s basketball victory over Concordia.
• Paced by a career-best second-place finish by sophomore Juhee Lee, the Seattle University women’s golf team was second at the Cal Poly Invitational at the Cypress Ridge Golf Course in Arroyo Grande, Calif.
Lee finished at even-par 146. Seattle University shot a 32-over 616, eight strokes behind tournament champion Cal Poly.
• Northwest University earned a 2-1 men’s soccer victory at Warner Pacific. Edgar Esquivel and Do-Hee Kim scored for the Eagles (12-4, 10-2 CCC).
From sports-information reports.