The Seattle Thunderbirds are the fourth seed in the Western Conference playoffs after they beat the Tri-City Americans 6-1 at the Toyota Center and the Portland Winterhawks beat the Everett Silvertips 5-4 in a shootout Sunday night.
Seattle (41-25-2-4) and Everett (39-23-7-3) both have 88 points, but Seattle has more total victories.
The T-birds and Silvertips open their best-of-seven series at 7:05 p.m. Saturday at ShoWare Center.
Game 2 is at Everett at 4:05 p.m. Sunday. Game 3 is at 7:05 p.m. March 25 at Seattle and Game 4 is at 7:35 p.m. March 28 at Everett.
- After embarrassment, Seattle finds public toilet that's just right
- NFL.com says Seahawks have most talented roster in league, and speculate on starting lineup
- Seattle's best restaurants? Classics revisited
- Capitol Hill light-rail station nearly ready for trains to rumble
- Historically black Central District could be less than 10% black in a decade
Most Read Stories
This will be the first time the T-birds and Silvertips have met in a playoff series since Everett joined the WHL as an expansion team in the 2003-04 season.