The San Jose Sharks forced a decisive seventh game with a 2-1 victory over the defending Stanley Cup champion Los Angeles Kings in their NHL Western Conference semifinal playoff series.
SAN JOSE, Calif. — Joe Thornton got San Jose off to a fast start with a power-play goal in the first period and TJ Galiardi added a goal in the second to help the Sharks force a decisive seventh game with a 2-1 victory over the defending Stanley Cup champion Los Angeles Kings on Sunday.
Game 7 of the NHL Western Conference semifinal playoff series is Tuesday in Los Angeles. Each of the first six games was won by the home team.
Dustin Brown scored for the Kings.
Halifax wins Memorial Cup
- Black Lives Matter protesters march, have sit-ins in Seattle
- Game thread: Huskies dominate Cougars in Apple Cup
- For UW, an Apple Cup victory that doubled as a breakthrough
- Swarming defense, Myles Gaskin helps UW rout WSU in Apple Cup
- Teardown town: 1,500 small houses replaced by giants since 2012
Most Read Stories
SASKATOON, Saskatchewan — Nathan MacKinnon had three goals and two assists to lead the Halifax Mooseheads of the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League past the Western Hockey League champion Portland Winterhawks 6-4 in the Memorial Cup final.
Nicolas Petan, Seth Jones, Brendan Leipsic and Ty Rattie scored for the Winterhawks.