The San Jose Sharks forced a decisive seventh game with a 2-1 victory over the defending Stanley Cup champion Los Angeles Kings in their NHL Western Conference semifinal playoff series.
SAN JOSE, Calif. — Joe Thornton got San Jose off to a fast start with a power-play goal in the first period and TJ Galiardi added a goal in the second to help the Sharks force a decisive seventh game with a 2-1 victory over the defending Stanley Cup champion Los Angeles Kings on Sunday.
Game 7 of the NHL Western Conference semifinal playoff series is Tuesday in Los Angeles. Each of the first six games was won by the home team.
Dustin Brown scored for the Kings.
Halifax wins Memorial Cup
- Mariners fire general manager Jack Zduriencik
- Mariners demote struggling catcher Mike Zunino
- Now comes the hard part for the Mariners: Hiring Jack Zduriencik’s replacement
- Why Russell Wilson needs to water down his Recovery claims
- Animated map: How the wildfires in North Central Washington have grown over time
Most Read Stories
SASKATOON, Saskatchewan — Nathan MacKinnon had three goals and two assists to lead the Halifax Mooseheads of the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League past the Western Hockey League champion Portland Winterhawks 6-4 in the Memorial Cup final.
Nicolas Petan, Seth Jones, Brendan Leipsic and Ty Rattie scored for the Winterhawks.