The San Jose Sharks forced a decisive seventh game with a 2-1 victory over the defending Stanley Cup champion Los Angeles Kings in their NHL Western Conference semifinal playoff series.
SAN JOSE, Calif. — Joe Thornton got San Jose off to a fast start with a power-play goal in the first period and TJ Galiardi added a goal in the second to help the Sharks force a decisive seventh game with a 2-1 victory over the defending Stanley Cup champion Los Angeles Kings on Sunday.
Game 7 of the NHL Western Conference semifinal playoff series is Tuesday in Los Angeles. Each of the first six games was won by the home team.
Dustin Brown scored for the Kings.
Halifax wins Memorial Cup
- Seattle City Council kills sale of street for Sodo arena; Sonics fans despair
- This drone footage of inside Bertha’s tunnel is like something out of ‘Star Wars’
- Ted Cruz ends his bid for Republican presidential nomination
- Man killed by car pulling out of Seattle parking garage
- Bertha under the viaduct: Drilling that shut highway is nearly 30 percent done
Most Read Stories
SASKATOON, Saskatchewan — Nathan MacKinnon had three goals and two assists to lead the Halifax Mooseheads of the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League past the Western Hockey League champion Portland Winterhawks 6-4 in the Memorial Cup final.
Nicolas Petan, Seth Jones, Brendan Leipsic and Ty Rattie scored for the Winterhawks.