NASHVILLE, Tenn. – Ryan Kesler scored two third-period goals, leading the Vancouver Canucks to a 3-1 victory over the Nashville Predators on Tuesday.
Brad Richardson scored in the second period and Roberto Luongo made 30 saves for Vancouver (15-10-5), which went 3-1 on a four-game trip. The Canucks begin a five-game homestand Friday against the Phoenix Coyotes.
“It was a battle and there wasn’t a lot of room out there, but we found a way to win again, and that’s what we need to keep doing,” said Kesler, who has 14 goals this season. “You’ve got to fight to get to those tough areas and we did tonight.”
Kesler also scored twice in Sunday’s 3-2 victory at Carolina.
- Evergreen senior’s death, other player injuries renew football-safety debate
- Our state’s greatest gift to the nation just got canceled
- Clay Matthews tells Colin Kaepernick: ‘You ain’t Russell Wilson, bro’
- Seahawks Game Center: Seattle holds off Detroit Lions for 'Monday Night Football' victory
Most Read Stories
Colin Wilson scored for Nashville (13-12-3).
Canucks defenseman Alexander Edler didn’t play in the last two periods because of a lower-body injury and is listed as day to day.
• Dallas won 4-3 in Chicago, ending the Blackhawks’ winning streak at six games. Stars goalie Kari Lehtonen made 47 saves, his season high.
• Center Henrik Zetterberg, Detroit’s leading scorer, will miss at least two weeks because of a back injury.