Ryan Gropp, the Seattle Thunderbirds’ first-round selection (sixth overall) in the 2011 Bantam Draft, joined the team Tuesday, general manager Russ Farwell announced.
Gropp started his season with the Penticton Vees of the British Columbia Hockey League, where he had three goals and five assists in 10 games.
“We are very excited to add Ryan Gropp to our team at this time,” said Farwell. “When we selected him in the Bantam Draft he was one of the top forwards in Western Canada in his age group. Because of his ability to make plays at top speed, he is going to be a great addition to our team.”
- WSU study: 'Exploding head syndrome' more common than once thought
- McMorris Rodgers should ask hometown folks about Obamacare
- Oregon Zoo elephant Rama euthanized; loved to paint
- Seattle congestion: We're No. 5
- Ivar's to raise restaurant workers' wages to $15 right away
Most Read Stories
• Seattle U was picked to finish second in the Western Athletic Conference preseason coaches poll. New Mexico State was picked first.
• Seattle Pacific received nine of 10 first-place votes to finish first in the Great Northwest Athletic Conference preseason coaches poll. Western Washington was picked third, while Alaska-Anchorage was second.
• Seattle U received six of nine first-place votes and was picked to finish first in the WAC preseason coaches poll.
From sports-information reports.