Roberts Lipsbergs scored his seventh and eighth goals of the season to lead the Seattle Thunderbirds to a 4-2 WHL win over the Tri-City Americans on Saturday.
Danny Mumaugh made 27 saves, while Shea Theodore scored and Adam Henry got his first goal of the season for Seattle in front of 3,568 at ShoWare Center in Kent.
Cougars 4, Silvertips 3
Brad Morrison’s goal just over a minute into overtime kept the Everett Silvertips from sweeping this week’s four-game road trip as they fell at Prince George.
- 1 killed, 5 injured in Snohomish Big Four Ice Caves collapse
- Starbucks prices here to rise 3.5 times as much as nationwide
- Seahawks mailbag: Russell Okung's future, Cliff Avril's role
- Seattle weather is an early peek at the future
- Mount St. Helens, still steaming, holds the world’s newest glacier
Most Read Stories
Everett gained one point with the overtime loss, putting its record at 6-1-2-0 for 14 points through nine games.