Roberts Lipsbergs scored his seventh and eighth goals of the season to lead the Seattle Thunderbirds to a 4-2 WHL win over the Tri-City Americans on Saturday.
Danny Mumaugh made 27 saves, while Shea Theodore scored and Adam Henry got his first goal of the season for Seattle in front of 3,568 at ShoWare Center in Kent.
Cougars 4, Silvertips 3
Brad Morrison’s goal just over a minute into overtime kept the Everett Silvertips from sweeping this week’s four-game road trip as they fell at Prince George.
- Expect traffic delays when Obama visits Seattle Friday afternoon
- Win over USC puts UW’s coaching upgrade (Chris Petersen over Steve Sarkisian) on full display
- Huskies upset USC 17-12 and beat Steve Sarkisian, their former coach
- Lloyd McClendon will not return as Mariners' manager
- Obama visits Seattle for fundraisers; traffic not as bad as expected
Most Read Stories
Everett gained one point with the overtime loss, putting its record at 6-1-2-0 for 14 points through nine games.