MONTREAL — Martin St. Louis started the scoring and Henrik Lundqvist won for the first time in Montreal in more than two years in the New York Rangers’ 7-2 victory over the Canadiens on Saturday in Game 1 of the Eastern Conference finals.
St. Louis, set to attend his mother’s funeral with his teammates Sunday, got the opening goal and Mats Zuccarello, Chris Kreider, Brad Richards, Ryan McDonagh, Derek Stepan and Rick Nash also scored for the Rangers. New York had only four goals in its past nine regular-season visits to the Bell Centre.
Kings-Blackhawks series set
CHICAGO — On Friday night, the Los Angeles Kings were in Anaheim for Game 7 of their second-round series against the top-seeded Ducks.
- Live updates from May Day in Seattle: Anti-capitalist protesters clash with police
- Good news about coconut oil, melatonin and turmeric
- 9 arrested, 5 officers hurt as May Day anti-capitalist march turns violent
- Visitors trash Washington island, so officials shut it down for good
- From best picks to the puzzlers, reviewing the Seahawks’ draft selections
Most Read Stories
On Saturday, they traveled 1,700 miles to Chicago on the eve of Game 1 of the Western Conference final.
The Kings take on the Blackhawks on Sunday afternoon. It is a rematch of last year’s Western Conference final, when the Blackhawks won in five games on the way to their second Stanley Cup title in four seasons.
Los Angeles is making its third consecutive appearance in the Western Conference final.