MONTREAL — Martin St. Louis started the scoring and Henrik Lundqvist won for the first time in Montreal in more than two years in the New York Rangers’ 7-2 victory over the Canadiens on Saturday in Game 1 of the Eastern Conference finals.
St. Louis, set to attend his mother’s funeral with his teammates Sunday, got the opening goal and Mats Zuccarello, Chris Kreider, Brad Richards, Ryan McDonagh, Derek Stepan and Rick Nash also scored for the Rangers. New York had only four goals in its past nine regular-season visits to the Bell Centre.
Kings-Blackhawks series set
CHICAGO — On Friday night, the Los Angeles Kings were in Anaheim for Game 7 of their second-round series against the top-seeded Ducks.
- Widespread Comcast outage reported in Puget Sound
- Oregon mother of missing boy: 'It doesn't get easier with time'
- Seattle cyclist crashes into pedestrian, then stabs him
- Largest organic grocer now Costco, analysts say
- Dumping of halibut sparks fight among North Pacific fishing fleets
Most Read Stories
On Saturday, they traveled 1,700 miles to Chicago on the eve of Game 1 of the Western Conference final.
The Kings take on the Blackhawks on Sunday afternoon. It is a rematch of last year’s Western Conference final, when the Blackhawks won in five games on the way to their second Stanley Cup title in four seasons.
Los Angeles is making its third consecutive appearance in the Western Conference final.