Troy Rutkowski had a goal and an assist as the Portland Winterhawks completed a weekend sweep of the Everett Silvertips with a 3-2 Western...
EVERETT — Troy Rutkowski had a goal and an assist as the Portland Winterhawks completed a weekend sweep of the Everett Silvertips with a 3-2 Western Hockey League victory Sunday evening at Comcast Arena.
On Friday night in Portland, the first-place Winterhawks beat the Silvertips 4-2.
Rutkowski scored Portland’s first goal and assisted on the second (by Nicolas Petan) for a 2-0 lead early in the second period.
Ryan Harrison scored shortly thereafter for Everett (13-22-0-2). But Portland (28-5-1-0) gained a 3-1 lead 12:55 into the third period on Keegan Iverson’s goal.
- Black Lives Matter protesters march, conduct sit-ins in downtown Seattle
- Apple Cup Game Center: UW Huskies dominate No. 20 Cougars, shut down WSU's offense in Seattle
- Swarming defense, Myles Gaskin help UW Huskies rout WSU Cougars in Apple Cup
- With Luke Falk out, Peyton Bender will start at quarterback for WSU Cougars vs UW Huskies in Apple Cup
- Teardown town: 1,500 small houses replaced by giants since 2012
Most Read Stories
Joshua Winquist scored two minutes later for the Silvertips, who were denied the rest of the way.
Mac Carruth made 30 saves for the Winterhawks. Austin Lotz had 28 saves for Everett.
Everett goes on Christmas break and doesn’t play again until Dec. 28 at the Seattle Thunderbirds.
From Internet reports