Troy Rutkowski had a goal and an assist as the Portland Winterhawks completed a weekend sweep of the Everett Silvertips with a 3-2 Western...
EVERETT — Troy Rutkowski had a goal and an assist as the Portland Winterhawks completed a weekend sweep of the Everett Silvertips with a 3-2 Western Hockey League victory Sunday evening at Comcast Arena.
On Friday night in Portland, the first-place Winterhawks beat the Silvertips 4-2.
Rutkowski scored Portland’s first goal and assisted on the second (by Nicolas Petan) for a 2-0 lead early in the second period.
Ryan Harrison scored shortly thereafter for Everett (13-22-0-2). But Portland (28-5-1-0) gained a 3-1 lead 12:55 into the third period on Keegan Iverson’s goal.
- NFL.com says Seahawks have most talented roster in league, and speculate on starting lineup
- After embarrassment, Seattle finds public toilet that's just right
- 32 families face eviction with sale of Kirkland mobile-home park
- Microsoft employees -- past and present -- look back over the years
- Salary cap expert Joel Corry with another look at Russell Wilson's contract
Most Read Stories
Joshua Winquist scored two minutes later for the Silvertips, who were denied the rest of the way.
Mac Carruth made 30 saves for the Winterhawks. Austin Lotz had 28 saves for Everett.
Everett goes on Christmas break and doesn’t play again until Dec. 28 at the Seattle Thunderbirds.
From Internet reports