Troy Rutkowski had a goal and an assist as the Portland Winterhawks completed a weekend sweep of the Everett Silvertips with a 3-2 Western...
EVERETT — Troy Rutkowski had a goal and an assist as the Portland Winterhawks completed a weekend sweep of the Everett Silvertips with a 3-2 Western Hockey League victory Sunday evening at Comcast Arena.
On Friday night in Portland, the first-place Winterhawks beat the Silvertips 4-2.
Rutkowski scored Portland’s first goal and assisted on the second (by Nicolas Petan) for a 2-0 lead early in the second period.
Ryan Harrison scored shortly thereafter for Everett (13-22-0-2). But Portland (28-5-1-0) gained a 3-1 lead 12:55 into the third period on Keegan Iverson’s goal.
- Win over USC puts UW’s coaching upgrade (Chris Petersen over Steve Sarkisian) on full display
- Lloyd McClendon will not return as Mariners' manager
- Expect traffic delays when Obama visits Seattle Friday afternoon
- Huskies upset USC 17-12 and beat Steve Sarkisian, their former coach
- Obama visits Seattle for fundraisers; traffic not as bad as expected
Most Read Stories
Joshua Winquist scored two minutes later for the Silvertips, who were denied the rest of the way.
Mac Carruth made 30 saves for the Winterhawks. Austin Lotz had 28 saves for Everett.
Everett goes on Christmas break and doesn’t play again until Dec. 28 at the Seattle Thunderbirds.
From Internet reports