Troy Rutkowski had a goal and an assist as the Portland Winterhawks completed a weekend sweep of the Everett Silvertips with a 3-2 Western...
EVERETT — Troy Rutkowski had a goal and an assist as the Portland Winterhawks completed a weekend sweep of the Everett Silvertips with a 3-2 Western Hockey League victory Sunday evening at Comcast Arena.
On Friday night in Portland, the first-place Winterhawks beat the Silvertips 4-2.
Rutkowski scored Portland’s first goal and assisted on the second (by Nicolas Petan) for a 2-0 lead early in the second period.
Ryan Harrison scored shortly thereafter for Everett (13-22-0-2). But Portland (28-5-1-0) gained a 3-1 lead 12:55 into the third period on Keegan Iverson’s goal.
- Tourists robbed, beaten downtown ‘afraid to go back’ to Seattle
- Animated map: How the wildfires in North Central Washington have grown over time
- Steve Sarkisian was reimbursed by Washington for hefty alcohol bills
- Seahawks safety Kam Chancellor holdout FAQ
- Why did the Mariners’ season go terribly wrong?
Most Read Stories
Joshua Winquist scored two minutes later for the Silvertips, who were denied the rest of the way.
Mac Carruth made 30 saves for the Winterhawks. Austin Lotz had 28 saves for Everett.
Everett goes on Christmas break and doesn’t play again until Dec. 28 at the Seattle Thunderbirds.
From Internet reports