Presten Kopeck scored two goals to help the Portland Winterhawks to a 6-2 victory over the Seattle Thunderbirds in the Western Hockey League...
KENT — Presten Kopeck scored two goals to help the Portland Winterhawks to a 6-2 victory over the Seattle Thunderbirds in the Western Hockey League on Saturday night.
Mac Carruth made 35 saves for the Winterhawks before 4,015 at the ShoWare Center.
Seattle’s Brandon Glover stopped 35 of 41 shots.
Seattle’s Jesse Forsberg scored first but Portland answered with four consecutive goals, two by Kopeck.
- Purple Heart plant bed vandalized days before Memorial Day
- Central District’s shrinking black community wonders what’s next
- Refusal in Bernie Sandersland to accept reality is really unreal
- Boeing tankers will be delivered to Air Force late — and incomplete
- Seattle’s vanishing black community
Most Read Stories
Connor Sanvido scored the T-birds’ other goal.
Brendan Leipsic had one goal and two assists for Portland.
Tips down Vancouver
EVERETT — Trent Lofthouse scored a hat trick as the Everett Silvertips earned a 4-1 victory over the Vancouver Giants before 6,187 at Comcast Arena.
After giving Everett a 2-0 lead in the second, Lofthouse scored third-periods goals four minutes apart.
Austin Lotz made 20 saves for the Silvertips.