Presten Kopeck scored two goals to help the Portland Winterhawks to a 6-2 victory over the Seattle Thunderbirds in the Western Hockey League...
KENT — Presten Kopeck scored two goals to help the Portland Winterhawks to a 6-2 victory over the Seattle Thunderbirds in the Western Hockey League on Saturday night.
Mac Carruth made 35 saves for the Winterhawks before 4,015 at the ShoWare Center.
Seattle’s Brandon Glover stopped 35 of 41 shots.
Seattle’s Jesse Forsberg scored first but Portland answered with four consecutive goals, two by Kopeck.
- A couple thoughts on Fred Jackson, Kam Chancellor and the Seahawks
- Haggen sues Albertsons for $1 billion over big grocery deal
- After McKinley, it’s time to consider renaming Rainier
- Six sickened by E. coli linked to local food truck
- Huskies’ colors for opener are purple, green
Most Read Stories
Connor Sanvido scored the T-birds’ other goal.
Brendan Leipsic had one goal and two assists for Portland.
Tips down Vancouver
EVERETT — Trent Lofthouse scored a hat trick as the Everett Silvertips earned a 4-1 victory over the Vancouver Giants before 6,187 at Comcast Arena.
After giving Everett a 2-0 lead in the second, Lofthouse scored third-periods goals four minutes apart.
Austin Lotz made 20 saves for the Silvertips.