Seattle takes over seventh all alone in the Western Conference
KENT — Luke Lockhart scored a short-handed goal 1:56 into overtime to lift the Seattle Thunderbirds to a 2-1 victory over Vancouver in Western Hockey League play Sunday.
Seth Swenson had the winning assist as Seattle (21-32-6-1, 49 points) broke a tie with Everett (21-34-1-4, 47 points) to move into seventh place all alone in the Western Conference.
Lockhart faked forehand, brought the puck to his backhand and put it through goalie Payton Lee’s legs for the winner.
Alexander Delnov also scored for Seattle, which had a 36-29 shot advantage over the Giants (15-43-2-0, 32 points).
- A couple thoughts on Fred Jackson, Kam Chancellor and the Seahawks
- Haggen sues Albertsons for $1 billion over big grocery deal
- After McKinley, it’s time to consider renaming Rainier
- Six sickened by E. coli linked to local food truck
- Huskies’ colors for opener are purple, green
Most Read Stories
From league reports.