Seattle takes over seventh all alone in the Western Conference
KENT — Luke Lockhart scored a short-handed goal 1:56 into overtime to lift the Seattle Thunderbirds to a 2-1 victory over Vancouver in Western Hockey League play Sunday.
Seth Swenson had the winning assist as Seattle (21-32-6-1, 49 points) broke a tie with Everett (21-34-1-4, 47 points) to move into seventh place all alone in the Western Conference.
Lockhart faked forehand, brought the puck to his backhand and put it through goalie Payton Lee’s legs for the winner.
Alexander Delnov also scored for Seattle, which had a 36-29 shot advantage over the Giants (15-43-2-0, 32 points).
- Alaska Airlines has 72-hour sale on fall travel to Hawaii
- Kirkland hunter defends acquaintance who killed treasured lion Cecil
- Seattle baby names: We’re trying harder to stand out
- Seahawks safety Kam Chancellor considering training-camp holdout, source says
- Wing part that may be from missing Malaysian plane to be sent to France
Most Read Stories
From league reports.