Seattle takes over seventh all alone in the Western Conference
KENT — Luke Lockhart scored a short-handed goal 1:56 into overtime to lift the Seattle Thunderbirds to a 2-1 victory over Vancouver in Western Hockey League play Sunday.
Seth Swenson had the winning assist as Seattle (21-32-6-1, 49 points) broke a tie with Everett (21-34-1-4, 47 points) to move into seventh place all alone in the Western Conference.
Lockhart faked forehand, brought the puck to his backhand and put it through goalie Payton Lee’s legs for the winner.
Alexander Delnov also scored for Seattle, which had a 36-29 shot advantage over the Giants (15-43-2-0, 32 points).
- As USS Ranger departs, Navy's cost dilemma takes off
- Seahawks courting a pair of cornerbacks as free agency looms
- UW tops new list of best western universities
- Seattle's micro-housing boom offers an affordable alternative
- Live updates from the state boys basketball tournament
Most Read Stories
From league reports.