Seattle takes over seventh all alone in the Western Conference
KENT — Luke Lockhart scored a short-handed goal 1:56 into overtime to lift the Seattle Thunderbirds to a 2-1 victory over Vancouver in Western Hockey League play Sunday.
Seth Swenson had the winning assist as Seattle (21-32-6-1, 49 points) broke a tie with Everett (21-34-1-4, 47 points) to move into seventh place all alone in the Western Conference.
Lockhart faked forehand, brought the puck to his backhand and put it through goalie Payton Lee’s legs for the winner.
Alexander Delnov also scored for Seattle, which had a 36-29 shot advantage over the Giants (15-43-2-0, 32 points).
- Live updates from May Day in Seattle: Anti-capitalist protesters clash with police
- Good news about coconut oil, melatonin and turmeric
- 9 arrested, 5 officers hurt as May Day anti-capitalist march turns violent
- Visitors trash Washington island, so officials shut it down for good
- Breaking down the Seahawks' reported undrafted free agents
Most Read Stories
From league reports.