Seattle takes over seventh all alone in the Western Conference
KENT — Luke Lockhart scored a short-handed goal 1:56 into overtime to lift the Seattle Thunderbirds to a 2-1 victory over Vancouver in Western Hockey League play Sunday.
Seth Swenson had the winning assist as Seattle (21-32-6-1, 49 points) broke a tie with Everett (21-34-1-4, 47 points) to move into seventh place all alone in the Western Conference.
Lockhart faked forehand, brought the puck to his backhand and put it through goalie Payton Lee’s legs for the winner.
Alexander Delnov also scored for Seattle, which had a 36-29 shot advantage over the Giants (15-43-2-0, 32 points).
- Teen, one of 14 siblings, finally gets to be a kid
- Report: Seahawks’ Marshawn Lynch has surgery Wednesday, could be back by late December
- Students say WWU’s response to racist threats not enough
- Seattle sushi fans, rejoice: Shiro's new place is open
- UW fires women’s crew coach Bob Ernst
Most Read Stories
From league reports.