Shaun Vey scored the winning goal with 15 seconds left to lift the Tri-City Americans to a 3-2 victory over the Seattle Thunderbirds in...
KENNEWICK — Shaun Vey scored the winning goal with 15 seconds left to lift the Tri-City Americans to a 3-2 victory over the Seattle Thunderbirds in Western Hockey League action Friday night at the Toyota Center.
Prab Rai and Greg Scott each scored in the second period for the Thunderbirds (25-18-5-2), who had a three-game winning streak snapped. Jacob DeSerres made 27 saves for Seattle, which was outshot 30-25 by the Americans.
The Thunderbirds next visit the Portland Winter Hawks at 7:30 tonight at Memorial Coliseum.
From team reports.
- Kirkland hunter defends acquaintance who killed treasured lion Cecil
- Alaska Airlines has 72-hour sale on fall travel to Hawaii
- Seahawks safety Kam Chancellor considering training-camp holdout, source says
- Seattle baby names: We’re trying harder to stand out
- Wing part that may be from missing Malaysian plane to be sent to France