Shaun Vey scored the winning goal with 15 seconds left to lift the Tri-City Americans to a 3-2 victory over the Seattle Thunderbirds in...
KENNEWICK — Shaun Vey scored the winning goal with 15 seconds left to lift the Tri-City Americans to a 3-2 victory over the Seattle Thunderbirds in Western Hockey League action Friday night at the Toyota Center.
Prab Rai and Greg Scott each scored in the second period for the Thunderbirds (25-18-5-2), who had a three-game winning streak snapped. Jacob DeSerres made 27 saves for Seattle, which was outshot 30-25 by the Americans.
The Thunderbirds next visit the Portland Winter Hawks at 7:30 tonight at Memorial Coliseum.
From team reports.
- Kam Chancellor’s forced fumble and K.J. Wright’s illegal batted ball help Seahawks stop Lions
- Reaction: National media reacts to controversial call on Kam Chancellor-forced fumble in Seahawks-Lions game
- Evergreen senior’s death, other player injuries renew football-safety debate
- Many homeowners stuck owing more than their houses are worth
- Our state’s greatest gift to the nation just got canceled