Shaun Vey scored the winning goal with 15 seconds left to lift the Tri-City Americans to a 3-2 victory over the Seattle Thunderbirds in...
KENNEWICK — Shaun Vey scored the winning goal with 15 seconds left to lift the Tri-City Americans to a 3-2 victory over the Seattle Thunderbirds in Western Hockey League action Friday night at the Toyota Center.
Prab Rai and Greg Scott each scored in the second period for the Thunderbirds (25-18-5-2), who had a three-game winning streak snapped. Jacob DeSerres made 27 saves for Seattle, which was outshot 30-25 by the Americans.
The Thunderbirds next visit the Portland Winter Hawks at 7:30 tonight at Memorial Coliseum.
From team reports.
- Husky guide on UW cheerleading tryouts goes global
- Look like this, not that: UW pulls cheerleader-tryout advice after angry backlash
- CEO makes fiery emails about Muslims part of the workday
- Seahawks take Germain Ifedi with first-round pick in NFL draft
- APNewsBreak: Investigators look at overdose in Prince death