Shaun Vey scored the winning goal with 15 seconds left to lift the Tri-City Americans to a 3-2 victory over the Seattle Thunderbirds in...
KENNEWICK — Shaun Vey scored the winning goal with 15 seconds left to lift the Tri-City Americans to a 3-2 victory over the Seattle Thunderbirds in Western Hockey League action Friday night at the Toyota Center.
Prab Rai and Greg Scott each scored in the second period for the Thunderbirds (25-18-5-2), who had a three-game winning streak snapped. Jacob DeSerres made 27 saves for Seattle, which was outshot 30-25 by the Americans.
The Thunderbirds next visit the Portland Winter Hawks at 7:30 tonight at Memorial Coliseum.
From team reports.
- Seattle fifth-graders will get their camp trip, but teachers refuse to go
- Five things to watch as Seahawks begin OTAs Monday
- What the national media are saying about Robinson Cano and the Mariners' hot start to the season
- Man arrested in attack on Metro bus driver
- Designed in Seattle, this $1 cup could save millions of babies