Shaun Vey scored the winning goal with 15 seconds left to lift the Tri-City Americans to a 3-2 victory over the Seattle Thunderbirds in...
KENNEWICK — Shaun Vey scored the winning goal with 15 seconds left to lift the Tri-City Americans to a 3-2 victory over the Seattle Thunderbirds in Western Hockey League action Friday night at the Toyota Center.
Prab Rai and Greg Scott each scored in the second period for the Thunderbirds (25-18-5-2), who had a three-game winning streak snapped. Jacob DeSerres made 27 saves for Seattle, which was outshot 30-25 by the Americans.
The Thunderbirds next visit the Portland Winter Hawks at 7:30 tonight at Memorial Coliseum.
From team reports.
- Female tiger killed by mating partner at Sacramento Zoo
- Job cuts planned as Boeing hunkers down to compete with Airbus, consider new plane
- Amid Zika fears, local family shares the reality of microcephaly
- Nigerian suicide bomber gets cold feet, refuses to kill
- Seahawks sign CFL receiver Jeff Fuller and running back Cameron Marshall